Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got, with a lot of bedding stuff, these funky looking tools (ACCRA STEEL, MICRO BED, ACCRABED, ONE OF EACH). They are white plastic, about 3" long, 13/64" in diameter, a slot that runs the length of the round part and have a flat handle at the top. I think that they are for puting through the stock screw holes to keep the bedding compond out but I am not sure, any ideas?

Also I was thinking about using the accrasteel to just do the recoil lug and the micro bed for everything else (as the color is better) what do you think? If I do this how long shoud I let the accrasteel dry before I use the other compound.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
The bedding you mention comes packaged in tubes. The devices you decribe are used to role the tube on(insert the end in the slot) to get all of the product out. AccraSteel and AcraBed are the same material with the addition on atomized steel in the first. The MicroBed while a different product will bond to either of the other two mentioned. All of these products can be colored using Accraglass dyes available from Brownells. Beware!!!!These products may have differing mix ratios(rates).... I used to bed then do a skim coat of MicroBed to tighten the inletting. I no longer does this unless there is a large hole(bubble).. As to working times, each product is unique and even that may change with differing temperatures. Save the leftover and check it to determine where the bedding is at in it's hardening cycle. I like to remove the barreled action before the bedding has completely hardened. It makes removal easier and allows an easier trim and cleanup operation.. Good luck!! from the gunnut69

1 - 3 of 3 Posts