Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the toughest animal pound for pound in north america?
My vote goes to the ground hog. The only animal I have ever seen take a 240gr hp in the cest at then bite at the bullet hole :shock: or fly 30´ after being hit with a 30.06 and them run 40 yards in the hole never to be seen again.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What is the toughest animal pound for pound

Those little bitty black bugs about the size of a pin head the sting like heck when they bite.

·
Registered
19,179 Posts

my vote goes to the lowly squirrel. he may not be the hardest to kill, but he's the hardest to shuck out of his skin.

·
Registered
814 Posts

On a pound for pound basis my vote would go to the Raccoon and the second most dangerous would be Teddy Kennedy after a few cocktails when he starts to shoot off his mouth. :-D :) :-D :) :eek:

·
Registered
237 Posts

Red-Headed Scorpio Women.

I know, I married one.

ZM

·
Registered
601 Posts

I would think a badger or wolverine. Racoons are tough but I dont think they are in the same league as those two.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

Wolverine. One of the meanest critters on the face of the planet. Saw a documentery once where one fought off a grizzly over a piece of rotten meat, They scrapped for awhile then the griz turned tail and ran.

·
Registered
561 Posts

Anybody ever step in a badger hole while sharptail grouse hunting?
You may have to shoot him off your foot...

·
Registered
646 Posts

I agree with Badnews Bob... the wolverine IS about the orneriest critter alive. There's been a good MANY eye-witness accounts of a wolverine running a big bear off a kill.

As one of the larger members of the weasel family, the wolverine fights like a "heavyweight", smells worse than a skunk... and has the disposition of scorned, red-headed woman with "PMS"!

Yep... I vote for the WOLVERINE as "the toughest"... 'cause he's meaner than a junkyard dog and makes a badger look almost beign, harmless & absolutely "friendly" by comparison! :-D

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

badger or wolverine I don't know about we don't have any here in pa. All I know is those ground hogs for all the bigger they are sure can take a lot of punishment. I saw one once hit with a 40gr bt looked like he had a softball in his cest run 50yards and die on top of his hole.

·
Registered
356 Posts

How do you define toughest? That's the key to this type of question. When you know what you are looking for, you can then find it.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

How about a "Pit Bull". I know Pit Bulls are a domestic animal, but they can be flat out.......mean and their extremely tough!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts

I have heard if a shrew weighed 15 or 20lbs it would about rule the planet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

To me mean and tough are two differnt things. I have heard elk are pretty tough but being I have never shot one as of now I can't say. I still just like to hear waht other people think. :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
jackrabbit

The jackrabbit. First, he ain't a rabbit to begin with, he's a hare. The legs cook up tough as all getout.

But more to the point, I've seen 'em hit fair and square with a 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 22 LR, 44 Magnum, 30-06, 455 Webley, etc. ad nauseum and keep right on going in every case.

I put a 455 Webley right through the boiler room on one. When I tried to collect it, it out ran me, I never did catch up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts