·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Southern Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Illinois used to be a slug gun only state but, recently has changed to the option of a magnum handgun or slug gun during deer gun season. The political genius' are still trying to figure out what calibers to allow, the rules are changing what seems like yearly.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
S.B. said:
Illinois used to be a slug gun only state but, recently has changed to the option of a magnum handgun or slug gun during deer gun season. The political genius' are still trying to figure out what calibers to allow, the rules are changing what seems like yearly.
In Delaware we can use handguns also during shotgun season. 357 Mag, 41 Mag, 45 Colt, 44 Mag, 44 Special, 454 Casull, 460 Mag and 500 Mags as well as 480 Ruger and any straight wall pistol cartridge. We cannot use any rifle cartridges even in a revolver.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Redhawk1 said:
S.B. said:
In Delaware we can use handguns also during shotgun season. 357 Mag, 41 Mag, 45 Colt, 44 Mag, 44 Special, 454 Casull, 460 Mag and 500 Mags as well as 480 Ruger and any straight wall pistol cartridge. We cannot use any rifle cartridges even in a revolver.
Ditto for Illinois, I'd have to check this years stats to see if all the calibers you list are legal here? But, no rifles!

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
S.B. said:
Redhawk1 said:
S.B. said:
Ditto for Illinois, I'd have to check this years stats to see if all the calibers you list are legal here? But, no rifles!
In my opinion the no rifle rule is dumb, it has been proven that a shot gun slug will ricochet when hitting hard ground as to where a rifle bullet will blow up when hitting hard ground. But we can't convince them law makes of that.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i use mine in kentucky. i can use a rifle but i prefer a shotgun slug in the thick cover. and with my experience when you hit a deer they dont go anywhere with a slug

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
New York. You can use a rifle in most of the state now. Our hunting camp just happens to be in one of the "shotgun/muzzleloader/handgun" only counties. :'(

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Delaware,in just a few minutes as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maryland,Wicomico county,The area 7 miles east of Delmar Md.
Delaware,Sussex county,outside of Laurel Del.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I hunt in NY. Cattaraugus Co. Its just been changed over to a rifle zone. I like to have options. I know opening morning I'll be carrying the .308. But don't be surprised if you see me out there with my 1187 and Lightfield slugs at one point or other during the season. Sometimes you got to into the thick stuff to find deer. I'll take a slug gun in there anyday.

·
Registered
28,628 Posts
Virginia ! where rifles are not allowed !
did you know we have co's where buckshot only is allowed , go figure !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts