Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a guy who's selling a mid 80's Left handed Sako AV with a mannlicher stock. It is selling as a "new" rifle. He has had in his safe and has the original box. As stated, it has not been shot.

It has open sights with a brush gaurd around the front blade. the stock is an oil finish stock with "very small" handling marks (probably getting it in and out of his safe).

Does anyone have an idea what this would be worth?

Thanks for any help that you may provide.

Single hunter

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Single Hunter: Mannlicher carbine (disc. 1989) 100% $1030 add $35.00 for long action add $100 for Left hand action (disc.) that adds up to $1165 when I went to school, but since its disc as discribed I would go a little higher, hope it helped. :D JIM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most definately gives me what I need to start bickering with him. Much appreciated. I also want to say I appreciate the speedy and informative responses I've received on this forum (vs. other forums).

Thanks again
Single hunter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Although it is a SAKO with its present stock design do not expect standard SAKO accuracy from it (because of the consistent forearm pressure and carbine length barrel).
From a business stand point you have the upper hand, being if he were to take it a shop to sell he would not get blue book value and because of the lefty feature it has! To every 10 bolt guns we sell maybe one is left handed
and that`s what the other shops will take under consideration, so the gun will sit awhile.
so if he`s your friend and you want it then pay him $1000.00 then so be it. Because regardless any shop would pay only $700.00 and sell at $850.00(this gives barginning room), because knowone wants to die with it on their shelf.
I know it sounds mean but that`s the gun business!
Good luck hopefully I did not come across to rude!!

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not at all rude. Life is all about bickering. What I am after is a realistic starting point for my offer. I don't want to insult someone with an excessively low opening, nor do I want to over bid the gun right out of the gates.

I guess in the end no one wants to get the short end of the stick. My experience is that the seller always "feels" shorted because he/she knows how much they paid for an item and it's hard to come to terms with what it will actually sell it for.

Anyway. Again, I appreciate the information. I'll be sending him an offer this evening.

Thanks
single hunter

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
single hunter: As always the blue book is the only fair way to go into a gun trade or purchase otherwise emotion will come into play, when I gave you the figures I did they were out of the blue book and without seeing the rifle in question thats all anybody can do, I hope the info. will be of assistance to you in your decision. :D JIM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check went in the mail today(course I sent it 2-3 day express). So now it's "the wait". It's worse than anything else. Turkey season opened today, maybe I go shoot a couple to take my mind off the mail...

thanks for your help
single hunter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts