Graybeard Outdoors banner

What's the most popular pistol purchse?

5K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Rushcreek 
#1 ·
ok what's the most popular purchased pistol right now?

1911?

Glock?

Cz75?

Other?

#2 ·
I'd say Glock. A plastic, striker fired Glock that's looks like two sticks nailed together and painted black, but still likely the most popular. Glocks don't fail to fire or feed or eject and the plastic sights are every bit as clear as a custom 1911's. Lots of LE agencies issue them. But I hate them, would not have one in the house.
There I go again, offering an opinion when one was not asked for. I should have just answered "Glock."

#3 ·
Plastic single stack 9 is probably the most popular type of pistol.
I'd put the cz way down low in the U.S.

#5 ·
Scibaer said:
plastic
single stack
9mm
glock , shield, xd or m&p are all real popular right now .. id say its one of those.
lc9, cm9, cw9, pm9, etc.

#8 ·
I'm going with ruger lcp or something comparable. Everything I read says concealable pistols are the fastest movers.

It must be small, easily available, and cheap. Ruger might get 2 out of 3 right for the masses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 ·
probably a toss up between a ruger 9mm and a glock 9mm. I think about everyone has one of each.
Empty said:
I'm going with ruger lcp or something comparable. Everything I read says concealable pistols are the fastest movers.

It must be small, easily available, and cheap. Ruger might get 2 out of 3 right for the masses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Depends on where you live, I guess. Around here there's a lot of competitors going to the CZ platform. I would guess in the overall, the Glock is by far the biggest seller in the general population.
Savage

#18 ·
well with the big switch over by police to the glock 19 I would guess at least this year it won. Probably shields and lcps come close too because there prices have been dropped to about giveaway status.

#19 ·
I worked for HD back in the '70s, HD used to give HUGE discounts to police, etc. for their bikes; and few departments could ignore that. So HD got great exposure and the impression was set. Didnt mean they were the best, or most popular tool for the job, just the most cost effective.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.