Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Alton Brown (aka Skeletor) just got freed from Auschwitz and Paula Deen left half of her body somewhere and forgot it. I haven't watched their shows in years, but they're a lot skinnier than they used to be.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Never trust a skinny cook.

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get the whole wine and food thing. I once calculated that two typical sized glasses of wine is a half bottle of wine, which doesn't sound like a lot until you figure that a full bottle of wine is about equivalent to 1/3 bottle of whiskey. So two glasses of wine is quite a lot of alcohol. Somebody who drinks a couple of glasses of wine per day is considered a moderate drinker while somebody who drinks 1/6 of a bottle of whiskey is considered a raging juicer.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Conan said:
I don't get the whole wine and food thing. I once calculated that two typical sized glasses of wine is a half bottle of wine, which doesn't sound like a lot until you figure that a full bottle of wine is about equivalent to 1/3 bottle of whiskey. So two glasses of wine is quite a lot of alcohol. Somebody who drinks a couple of glasses of wine per day is considered a moderate drinker while somebody who drinks 1/6 of a bottle of whiskey is considered a raging juicer.

True and they all have about the same effects. But some of them like whiskey and tequila have some other property's that can effect some people very differently than wine or beer.
Years ago I dated a girl that had been in AA for years, clean and sober in fact became a counsuler.

She had all kinds of books on this and she knew a lot about whiskey from her previous life. Whiskey and some others are a lot more capable of killing your liver than others are. Twelve years completely sober it killed her.
All within two weeks from her first symptom. Very sad she was a good lady.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
blind said:
Never trust a skinny cook.
look at paul prudhomme (who just left us recently- r.i.p.)
he was always fairly round.

there are a lot who obviously get their cooking knowledge from a book or youfloob

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Skinny cooks show will power, by not eating like a pig and looking like one. Who wants to watch a fat cook on tv anyway? Just something about Paula Deen I could never stand. Maybe it was her voice. Its just so much easier to watch Giada, Nadia G, or Sandra Lee.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
The best cooking show was the two fat ladies with an almost understandable british accent, and a motorcycle.

Nobody else could compete with them. yum-yum

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Having been in the liquor business with my parents until I was 30, big difference in alcohol. Some wines test out at 6% to 8%, while others,(aka-MD20/20) are 20%. Cooking wines and sherry's generally run between 8% and 12%. Whiskey/gin/vodka depends on where you buy it. At least here in Ohio. If you want the hard stuff, certain stores have a different license. Most carryout's and convenience stores only can sell 42proof(21%) While state regulated stores carry the 80 proof and above.(42%) Haven't bought any in quite sometime, but there was some cough syrups that had a bit of alcohol in them. Ever wonder why when you gave your 8 year old a dose of cough medicine he/she slept like a rock!
As far as the cooking show hosts, last two I paid attention to, was Bobby Flay and his throw down show. He use to stay in shape by running/jogging, although he looked like he was pretty slim anyway. The other, isn't really a cooking show. Guy Fieri-Diners, Drive ins, and Dives. He criss-cross's the country checking out different restaurants. And, he's not skinny by any means. But, if you've seen the some of the place's he checks out, I'm surprised he isn't 350 lbs. I wonder when the next audition to host that show comes up! :p gypsyman

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Fieri to not get porked out eats very little on the shows. What you see him eat is all he eats.

The fellow who did Man vs. Food quit because he was getting porked out.

The BAMM gent, Emeril Lagasse, now looks like the Poppin-Fresh dough boy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.