Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the Ultra Varmint heavy barrel .243 what is some ideal and proven deer rounds?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Good luck!
Everyone seems pretty tight lipped on thios one. Not sure if there aren't any or what.

I have been trying to get more than one answer on powders to use for the 85gr, besides IMR4350.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really hoping to get to use that 95 gr. Nos BT. I think Mac and quick have been working on some loads for their bull barrels with the heavier bullets. Maybe they'll post here soon. :wink:

·
Registered
871 Posts
well I get .75 to 1 inch groups with my .243 handi with standard barrel at 100 yrds. I use IMR 3031, 95 gr noslet BT spitzer with winchester primer. My rifle shot best with barrel free floated.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norseman - care to PM me that load data?

·
Super Moderator
51,034 Posts
Sorry, I'm goin the other way with mine for yotes, I have 65gr Vmax and 55gr CT ballistic silvertip loads to work on. As soon as I get some of the Fusion 95gr ammo, I'll post the results, it's backordered right now.

Tim

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
So far for me...42.5 grains Reloader 22...Remington nickle cases...Remington 9-1/2 primers.Nosler 95grain Silver Ballistic Tip..COAL...2.777"..it's a max load .....what may be safe in my rifle may not be safe in yours....so reduce 5% and work up looking for pressure signs...

Mac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts