Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going (back) to war or if it was coming here to you, what would you want to carry? I started Army life with an M16A1 and ended with a M24, but I had an opportunity to carry a few other weapons of friends and foes. If I got to choose today it wouldnt be a M16. The new M14s look promising but I think Id want a G3 (HK91). Heck even a decent SKS might be a better option than a .22...

What do you pick?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Considering what I own or have owned:

1) M1-A. Powerful, available ammo.

2) Ar-15 Flat Top. Available ammo, interchangable sights.

3) Mk4#2. Powerful, reliable. But limited ammunition availability.

Of course, I have a CZ527 Carbine in 7.62x39. I would probably want to carry this one around due to it's caliber, size and weight, accuracy, and ammo availability.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Living where I live up here in Maine I would have to say I'll take my M1A out here in the woods room clearing is not of the essence plus why take three shots with a 223 when 1 from a 308 is more then adequate and 308 is a **** of alot easier to put food on the table IE deer , bears etc.. then a 223.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
If I had to just go with what I've already got, my Bushmaster 6.8. If I could just make up a gun (excluding laser guns from the future) I really don't know what I'd take. I guess an AR in 6.8 or 308 with gas piston/non jamming design. My M16A4 jammed on me during a test fire over sees after I had just gotten done cleaning it with dental picks and q-tips, so I'm pretty skeptical on how well that gun works in sand without oil being dumped into the chamber.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
The tubes on a battle ship are 16 inch and rifled right? I'd have M1 Abrams but they have a smooth bore.
Ok My AR15A2 or M700SPS

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Is this the stock you are thinking of?

http://ebrstocks.com/

I have one on my M1A that I bought and used overseas. Made my M14 much easier to carry and the accuracy is phenomenal. Weighs as much as a boat anchor though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Springfield M1A Scout in Sage EBR Chassis. With good glass & Federal Gold Medal Match I'm getting consistent hits out to 600 meter's.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
M1-A would be my first choice, but I don't have one, so I'd have to choose between an AR or AK. That would be a tough choice! Love the AR for it's accuracy and ergonomics, not to mention ammo availability. Still the AR would be better in the field where maintenance would be difficult. Guess if I had to bug out with what I have, it'd have to be an AR.
Savage

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I have an M1A standard and an M4 so, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

SOCOM

Cheese

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
What I have now, my AR 15 flattop 223 ...........but I plan on another AR flattop, 243? 260? 308? 338 Federal? I like M14's, but too heavy for old me(66)..............

1 - 20 of 335 Posts