Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do we hear the news about Handi for 2008?

When might we hear what H&R will have for the handi rifles for 2008????

Looking for a handi rifle in the 17 Remington Fireball.

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts
Re: When do we hear the news about Handi for 2008?

It will be posted as soon as we know, count on it!! ;)

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts

What do you mean by possible?

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts

Why not, there's nothing special about it, case head is smaller and pressure is less than the 270 Winchester. Right now, there's just no .17 cal centerfire barrel made by Marlin, the .17 rimfire barrels are 1137 steel, all centerfire barrels are 4140 alloy, so I don't think they'd use the rimfire barrel blanks for this hot centerfire.

Tim

·
Registered
6,878 Posts

coyote said:
When might we hear what H&R will have for the handi rifles for 2008????

Looking for a handi rifle in the 17 Remington Fireball.
Either right before or just after the Shot Show in Vegas in February o8'...that's when most of the gun stuff gets leaked ;)

Mac

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts

Ok guys, I got some info from my confidential source, new offerings will be 7mm Rem mag and 300 Win mag with blued frames and 26"(hurray!!!)[/color] ;D stainless barrels in synthetic stocks, they were going to offer 338 Win mag, but apparently that was cancelled. :(

So there ya go!

Tim

·
Premium Member
349 Posts

So if that is true then they have done something to overcome the case head thrust issue. Will be interesting to see what they have done to the frames to accommodate the magnums.

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts

Their testing was done on current production frames with no issues, hopefully we'll be able to get barrels fitted to our late model frames. I suspect they'll be long throated tho.

Tim

That part isn't correct, the magnum frames are a tougher alloy and different heat treat, so the mag barrels can't be fitted to current frames.

Sorry for the mis info.

Tim[/color]

·
Registered
3,238 Posts

:eek: I hope this source is true! That is great news if so. Count me in on a Win Mag 8)

-Aaron

·
Registered
8,558 Posts

When TC started making Magnum barrels for the TCR the only thing they did was use a different locking lug to hold the barrel closed.

7MM Mag, 100gr to 195gr bullets, interesting.

300 Win Mag, a souped up 30-06, 95 to 250 gr bullets, OK now we're talking.

Looks like a new gun in my future, then again maybe I'll hold out to see the outlook for the .338 Win Mag. That would be my number one choice. I have a .35 Whelen so a 300 does not really trip my trigger.

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts

myarmor said:
:eek: I hope this source is true! That is great news if so. Count me in on a Win Mag 8)
-Aaron
If it wasn't from a reliable source, I wouldn't post it. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
8,558 Posts

Then again since a .300 is one of the big popular rounds I don't own I might have to try one out. Still think of it as a souped up 06, but worth a look see. I'm really wanting a Center-fire .17 like the .17 Remington, or a .17 Fireball.

·
Registered
357 Posts

ooooo a seven mag handi to match my sako. such sweet wonderful words have not been uttered to my ears in quite some time.

josh

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts

7mag will be my first also, I already have 300 and 338 Win mags in other rifles. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts

A ".375 Ruger" Handi would have been interesting. I love the cartridge, but I don't like the M77.

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts

I would of liked to seen some thing other than those but at least they will be different I had a 300mag on a encore and could not handle the recoil and got rid of it and the dies but I still got some brass good news for me is might be able to pick up some other missing cal barrels as they come up from guys wanting the new ones . Tim you here of any release dates yet? Kurt

1 - 20 of 158 Posts