Graybeard Outdoors banner

When does every ones rifle season start??

2K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  MS10point 
#1 ·
I live in northern Okla and ours starts Nov 17 and runs through Dec 2 just a little or 2 weeks can't wait ;D ;D

#2 ·
Thanksgiving Day

#7 ·
In Bama it always starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving and runs thru the following January 31. This year for the first time in my recollection we are limited to taking three bucks only and the third must have at least four points on one side.

Until this season as long as I can remember it's been one buck per day all season long. Sure gonna be different.

#13 ·
Here in the Northern Zone of NY, we opened for Rifle on Oct 20th. I already have a bow doe, and a doe and spike with the muzzleloader in the freezer (filled the wife's tag). Now I am waiting for a mature buck. It was great, as my wife and three year-old son all came out to help recover, field dress, drag and butcher the animals, and share in the backstrap feast! It was the best weekend of hunting that I have ever had on our property.

I used a Matthews LX, Rage two blade, ICS hunters for the bow-kill

T/C Encore, 150 Gr. 777 pellets behind a polymer tipped Barnes all-copper 50 cal ML sabot. Complete penetration, short blood trails.

#14 ·
Dam greybeard do u all have any bucks left down that way shooting a buck a day all season long wehave a lott of does up here i wish thats what they would do to them up here a doe a day as long as the season is in , i think they should make it a State Law that u have to fill a doe tag before u even think about shooting a buck i think it would help out , almost every doe up here has twins the food they eat is so plentifull they have a good calveing season , i know if they did this fill your doe tag before u shot a buck it would bring the buck to doe rayshow where it needs to be or closer any ways all these out of towners want to shoot a big buck or a nice buck and not even try to harvest a doe there just after horns not meat but i guess theres a lott of them guys out there, i mean dont get me wrong i like a big rack but when it gets down to the last few days in the season i will bust a little buck for the meat of corse i would have allready filled my doe tag

#15 ·
TOMORROW!!! Region 2 Louisiana.

I'm REAL stoked. It's been a tough bow season. I'm ready to kill something!

#16 ·
Aug 1 to Sep 30, bucks only. Oct 1 to Dec 31, either sex. Limit 5 a year. Prince William Sound, Alaska. Unit 6.

#17 ·
Dam greybeard do u all have any bucks left down that way shooting a buck a day all season long
Yup there's still bucks around. In some places lots of them. Around the areas I have mostly hunted the buck to doe ratio is way outta whack due to so much buck shooting. It's tough to get most folks to shoot does around here.

In about 2/3 of the state you can shoot two does per day the entire season but in my area it's only until the end of first week of January not the full season. Now with bow it's all season all over the state that you can shoot two does per day. Folks just don't shoot them for the most part.

Me I don't really care I usually just shoot the first legal deer I see knowing it could be the ONLY one I get to shoot that season. The population where I can hunt is much lower than most of the state.

#19 ·
Brush goat season starts this weekend and does not end till around Feb 15 or so with all the extended doe and spike only seasons. AS well as the youth only seasons. That is a long time till I can start hunting hard again for hogs LOL. BUT I need the deer meat for sausage. 50/50 deer and hog sausage can't be beat MMMMMMMMM LOL

#23 ·
Here in southeastern Louisiana it's Nov 17th.

Where I hunt in south Arkansas its Nov 10th. Actually it opens statewide on this date.

Its such a big deal in Arkansas that the area where I hunt has the Mon & Tues following opening Sat as closed school holidays!!!

Smoky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.