·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scibaer said:
-
A Citizens Band with a power booster.
-
Choices are: The internet can't be shut down.
The internet won't be shut down.
The internet will be shut down.
Simple c o m m u n i c a t i o n for the public when the internet is shut down.
-
Blocking signals can be triangulated.
Satelite uplinks can be knocked out.
(defensive moves) :eek: etc
-
IF they shut down the internet the cell phones are killed also.
-
Or you can get some carrier pidgeons and I will eat them.
-
I posted the same OP on several tube channels and one reply was:
"DeJaVu psych, have a ham set and lisence and just unboxed my new CB this morning".
ear

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
"Or you can get some Carrier Pigeons and i will eat them" ;D lol.

I think the internet is too important for tracking purposes for the gub'ment to shut it down typically but sure enough there are plenty of other reasons we could lose cell and online service. The cb\shortwave idea is a good one.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
JonnyReb said:
"Or you can get some Carrier Pigeons and i will eat them" ;D lol.

I think the internet is too important for tracking purposes for the gub'ment to shut it down typically but sure enough there are plenty of other reasons we could lose cell and online service. The cb\shortwave idea is a good one.

They say they can jam and listen in, maybe but that's a lot of effort to do that. What's odd is in some hot spots around the world they took a lesson from our WW2 wind talkers. The communications are in Latin, and if that isn't hard enough they use classic Latin. That pretty much hasn't been used in 1500 years.
It showed up in the Ukraine, and the Russians were scrambling about trying to find anyone who understood it.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the point that the internet gives an advantage to the public over the government it will be gone.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Blocked? Likely never. Even in the event of a national disaster, the internet will be a key way to keep tabs on who is left, where they are, and what they are concerned about. I don't see TPTB ever giving that up, until they have us all chipped and then it won't matter.
Monitored? Of course.
Filtered? Already.
Censored? Increasing more and more. There are many ways to censor; we don't like the way Pakistan or China do it, but we're perfectly fine with the way Google/Yahoo and others do it by manipulating the search algorithms. There are entire sectors of the Internet you will most likely never find using the most prominent search engines available to the US.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TeamNelson said:
Blocked? Likely never. Even in the event of a national disaster, the internet will be a key way to keep tabs on who is left, where they are, and what they are concerned about. I don't see TPTB ever giving that up, until they have us all chipped and then it won't matter.
Monitored? Of course.
Filtered? Already.
Censored? Increasing more and more. There are many ways to censor; we don't like the way Pakistan or China do it, but we're perfectly fine with the way Google/Yahoo and others do it by manipulating the search algorithms. There are entire sectors of the Internet you will most likely never find using the most prominent search engines available to the US.
-
If the public figures out a way to use the internet to mobilize a defense or offense it will be shut down.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
blind said:
TeamNelson said:
Monitored? Of course.
Filtered? Already.
-
If the public figures out a way to use the internet to mobilize a defense or offense it will be shut down.

There is no "secure space" on the internet in which to organize in the manner you suggest. Even our own government uses networks that are not connected to the internet, for that very reason. If I could allow the organizers of the mobilization to "feel" as if they are operating securely on a network I thoroughly control, why would I shut it down? I can read the playbook as its written, identify the the participants, troop strengths, capacities, strategies, locations, etc. Having worked in cybersecurity, both public and private, using encryption, enciphering, steganography, vpn, etc. I used to teach traffic analysis at the federal level - I don't even need to know what data your passing, with the right tools I can recreate your network pretty quickly and identify the chain of command, then look for a crack and exploit it, and I've been out of that sphere for 20 years. Imagine what they can do today. I don't have important conversations on the internet, period, ever. And I would be suspicious of anyone that claims they can do so without the government being able to monitor it. No I fully expect TPTB to ensure the internet stays up and functional specifically to encourage folks to buy into the delusion of privacy and security, so that any opposition could be easily identified.

Parts of the internet will be blocked, as they presently are, but access to the internet is too good of a bait to do away with.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Epsula decorum est trivida, por davonous savarta. Now tell me what I just said, go ahead and use your online translators they will not work. Because it's Classic Latin, not the church or the Constintine version.
Classic Latin was mixed with Greek, it's a whole new thing to try and figure out.
Read the book The Far Arena, what the limp movie Ice Man took its storyline from. Where the real Frozen
discovery was a Roman citizen. Even the church in Rome was of no use translating with this man.
I mean how many real Romans do we come in contact with now days?

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Argent11 said:
Epsula decorum est trivida, por davonous savarta. Now tell me what I just said, go ahead and use your online translators they will not work. Because it's Classic Latin, not the church or the Constintine version.
Classic Latin was mixed with Greek, it's a whole new thing to try and figure out.

Are you asserting this is translatable, and not simply greeking or lorem ispum dolar generation?

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Am I fluent in it? Heck no I copied that out of the book. Where a single Nun in all the world had spent her entire
life learning to speak and read classic Latin. She helped Richard Sapir to write that book and be factual.
Even she said she had no idea if she was getting it right, since she had no one to practice with.
But it's showing up on some radio broadcast in war zones.

What he said was, he couldn't understand why we now wear an execution devise around our necks.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your eloquent speech is trivial? ear
-
Something as broad as the internet that is dependent on the power grid will get attacked wheather it gets shut down or not.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
The government blocking it is less likely than us getting into a shooting war with China who has been doing far more testing to destroy satellites than either Russia or the U.S.

If the satellite/s go so does your internet and most phone lines.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Bob said:
The government blocking it is less likely than us getting into a shooting war with China who has been doing far more testing to destroy satellites than either Russia or the U.S.

If the satellite/s go so does your internet and most phone lines.

China knows the next world war will also be fought in orbit. Think of the quick strike capability in orbit over conventional launch platforms.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
citizen band is noisy, and the 27mhz band does not hold a carrier well
if radio is used ham bands would be alot better 146 mhz for local tranmissions in simplex format
and 40 meters for long range work in duplex format with repeaters and amplifiers

but i think the internet isnt going anywhere.. but i also think its not a good tool for a rebellion type communications system
i think radio is better

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scibaer said:
citizen band is noisy, and the 27mhz band does not hold a carrier well
if radio is used ham bands would be alot better 146 mhz for local tranmissions in simplex format
and 40 meters for long range work in duplex format with repeaters and amplifiers

but i think the internet isnt going anywhere.. but i also think its not a good tool for a rebellion type communications system
i think radio is better
-
Thank you Scibaer for what I am sure is a more effective system but for the minimum expense and lisence (none) trouble of a CB radio I think that the average mom or pop will accept the ability to be able talk 3 or 4 miles when no other communication is working. Much father with a booster.
Everyone can get one at the local truck stop for less than the cost of a family night out. It might be staticie but a person won't have that insecure feeling that they get when thier cell phone is not present or not working. ear

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
thats all true ear. but i think that when we need to use radio for this scenario.. licenses and FCC rules wont matter all that much

did you know that those walkie talkie type family radios or the ones marketed to hunters use the 400 mhz band .. same with the radios the workers at walmart use in the stores to talk back and forth on ... they are able to be used simplex or duplex with a repeater and amp ( signal booster ) and can be linked to together for a more secure and private chat ..

1 - 20 of 86 Posts