Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to do a lot of business on eBay, gun barrels, grips, dies, molds and gun parts. Now all that is left are stocks and grips. I thought that most of those items would end up on gunbroker or auction arms. This is not the case. Is there another site I am missing. I upgraded several shotguns with vent rib barrels and I need a short Dan Wesson 357 barrel still. Has anyone found a source for this kind of thing? Shotgunner

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
E-Bay is a vary un friendly gun site, they have banned reloading items, most gun parts, and just about anything that will make a firearm fire, I have heard Gunbrokers has picked up alot of gun parts business since E-Bays liberal stance. JIM

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
You might try Guns America, but I haven't seen the selection of used barrels. It is unlikely that we will see a source of parts for guns like we had on eBay. I'm curious as to how much business that has cost them.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
The gun related items from e-bay mostly went to Auctionarms.com, and to Gunbrokers. I have bought a lot of items off of both sites and with one exception had good luck with all of my purchases. The one item that did not meet my specifications was returned and I received a full refund including shipping cost.

Happy hunting...................

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
shotgunner said:
I used to do a lot of business on eBay, gun barrels, grips, dies, molds and gun parts. Now all that is left are stocks and grips. I thought that most of those items would end up on gunbroker or auction arms. This is not the case. Is there another site I am missing. I upgraded several shotguns with vent rib barrels and I need a short Dan Wesson 357 barrel still. Has anyone found a source for this kind of thing? Shotgunner
Ebay does have a very anti gun policy. However, one can still bid on firearms related items that are not an integral part of actually propelling a projectile. Ebay has removed and now against listing policy on any item that is related to actual firing. Barrels, bullets, brass, powder, primers, and receivers are now prohibited. I refrain from using Ebay due its firearms policy stance but stocks, dies, reloading equipment and most everything else except the prohibited items are still listed.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Auctionarms.com and Gunbrokers are great for buyers. They are the pits for sellers. Most stuff listed goes off without a bid.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I just went to ebay and did a search on Leupold.....still plenty of scopes on ebay......then did a search on rcbs......no problem with that either........

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Scopes wont make the gun fire and RCBS sells dies and reloading equipment, try to get bullets, brass, triggers, magazines etc. etc. JIM

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what is still on eBay and I know why some items were removed. Most of the items that were on eBay are not on auctionarms, Gunbroker or Gunsamerica. I was asking if there were any other sites that people are using. Thanks for the input but non of you seem to have gotten the question. Shotgunner

·
Administrator
26,167 Posts
Any time a site with a huge audience ends (or in this case refuses to accept certain type items for sale) the users normally scatter to the four winds and never again will all be together in one place again. My guess is that most are actually on the Classifieds of sites such as this but no one site will get all or even most of the former ebay traffic.

Just like when Marlin shut down their Marlin and NEF forums. We got most but certainly not all of the NEF guys here. We picked up a thousand or so of the Marlin guys at least initially and Marlin Owners got perhaps as many or more. But there were over 15,000 and to be honest I've still not figured out any one site that got any real significant share of them but rather it seems that they scattered to as many as 100 or more sites. Most likely went to some other site they were already posting on as well as there. I'm sure that's exactly what happened to the ebay sellers of stuff ebay no longer allows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts