Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their shelling my corn now and I`ve been watching the corn fields for a good 10 hrs. ea. yesterday and today, and have not seen the first coyote. They ran 1 out yesterday, but I was at the wrong end of the field, :mad: , the reason you should have at least 2 guys in the field. They run until abt. 9:30 so I do spend a couple of hrs. in the dark with my nite vision and could have taken 3 nice ****, but season isn`t in yet and the ar with the ammo I`m using would have made the hides worthless anyway. I`ve got a few more days to go so I haven`t given up hope, but not like a few years back when we saw as high as 7 in a day. ::)

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I saw one last Saturday about 4 PM in a low area that was dry only about 100 yards off the highway.
It was a really large and dark colored, he was trotting along like he was on a mission, I thought of you when I seen it . :)

jedman

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
There is plenty around here! I hear them pretty regular.

On a couple of my properties they are regularly seen. I rotate hunting them so not to educate them too much...

CW

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Catfish,

Just go bow hunting for deer and you will see the yokes just out of range.

Is there a lima gun show in early december? I will probably need a cup of coffee by then.

BB

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
here is a couple...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well all coyotes are not bad, the coyotes in the last 2 pictures were good coyotes. This year was totally different than any other year since I started watching corn fields. I did get to shoot at 1 coyote and blew it because I could not get the lens caps open. :-[ I only saw 3 and the other 2 were 400 yards. out run abt. 30 mph. What made this year so different I could have shot at 3 fox. I have never seen a fox while watching corn fields and this year saw 3. Sat. abt. 11:30 am a friend called me and said a guy that works for him had just saw 6 coyotes on the East end of the woods accrossed the road from my house, I was looking at the South side of the woods at that time. :eek: I`ve got abt, 1,300 ac. of rocks to pick up and a day and 1/2 of grass mowing to do then I`ll start hunting them a lot more.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Carry a rifle on the tractor? You might consider it. :)

CW

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To rough to carry a rifle unless it is fastened down and I have no way to do that. I will be carrying a Contender in 222 Rem. though. 52 gr SMK bullets at abt. 2900 fps. Not really what I like for coyotes, but but really not much of a chance of seeing a coyote in a field that has been chisel plowed.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
We're going to be hitting them hard this year. Trapping season for most furbearers starts on the 10th of next month, but we're going to start on coyotes a week earlier. Got a few cattle operations wanting them gone now. Been boiling traps and making snares for the last couple of days. Got all my K-9 traps boiled and will be waxing tomorrow. Snares are all cleaned and hanging out in the tree. Getting that itch.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
cwlongshot said:
here is a couple...

the first 3 show what they're good for.

the last 2 are now good coyotes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.