Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-D Greetings from the Great White North:

I am looking for a bullet hardness tester. I tried looking for an LBT tester but can't find the company that manufactures this type of tester. Can anyone help me out here?

I am looking for a tester that uses the brinell scale.

Kindest regards,

Carpediem :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
carpediem,

LBT is just in the process of getting back in business after a long stay at the graybar hotel due to some Federal tax anomalies. It'll probably be a while before they're geared back up again.

I've heard of a couple of other companies that make these for Brinnell, but can't find them in my bookmarked sites.

Saeco makes a great one, and I use it myself. It is in SAECO instead of brinnell, but comes with a sheet that translates the hardness from SAECO to brinnell for you.

Costs around $95 at a number of places including Cabelas.

Ka6otm

·
Registered
203 Posts
Actually, I believe LBT has hardness testers, lubes, and their cast bullet book in stock and ready to ship. They will start taking orders for molds next week. I don't have contact info yet, but I think there is a thread in the handgun hunting section under the LBT heading that has contact info.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree with Llyod I got my tester from casting-stuff a few weeks ago and I'm very satisfied with it. I doesn't read in Brindell but has a conversion sheet from a dial reading. It's also a good buy. I really like Redding/Saeco products and have been told their tester is works well. What I like about the casting-stuff is it reads to a large dial. As I get older it makes it easier for me to read.

Have a good day and remember to pray for our troops.

Turk

·
Registered
50 Posts
castingstuff

If you get the hardness tester spring the extra for the concintricity guage also. I blught one of his first run 2-3 yrs ago and have been well served. John.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bullet tester

:-D Greetings from the Great White North:

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will go with the casting stuff combination lead tester and concentricity checker.

I'll let you know how it works after I get it.

Kindest regards,

Carpediem

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There is a Saeco hardness tester on Ebay and currently at $36. Search "Bullet Molds" to find it. good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saeco Bullet Tester

:-D Greetings from the Great White North, (It snowed this morning):

Thanks for the heads-up on the Saeco lead hardness tester. i checked E-bay this afternoon and the price was up to sixty three dollars. At that price, I am going to order a tester from cabine tree.

Thanks again.

Kindest regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts