Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 327 and it came with a laser like the one in the picture below. I want to take the laser off. Where can I find a replacement screw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
I needed a replacement part for one of my Trackers and I contacted customer service for Taurus and they sent me the part for free.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, the laser is just a nuisance for me. It will come on in my pocket and sometimes when I store it. Once I find the proper screw it’s going on eBay or for sale here

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks really want to use this for conceal carry and this laser gets in the way. It’s a very accurate pistol clover leafs at 20 yards!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I sold the laser it appears the screws say YFS 0129 ?? I cannot find anything on the web to try to find two to put my revolver back together

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Taurus was helpful on the phone, but sent the wrong size. I sent it to a gunsmith, he says he can make them on his lathe. How is that possible

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Almost anything is possible for a REAL gunsmith! Gunsmiths have been making gunscrews for as long as guns have been made.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe the best source will be Taurus. I had a side plate screw issue a few years ago and what I think I learned is that Taurus makes their own screws and I'd have to wait until they got around to making a new batch and they got a boat ride up to Florida and then mailed to me. In the short term I was able to juggle some sideplate screws from my little pistol into my daughters pistol and get her's up and running. I put mine in the safe and waited for several month and low and behold an envelope eventually arrived with a couple of the tiny screws. I was able to get my pistol back up and running.
I'm not a Taurus hater, I have two excellent revolvers, and a friend who had a couple of good ones. But I do believe that they are somewhat of a crapshoot and you may or may not get a good one. I have decided not to buy anymore. I do remember that the kid I talked to on the CS line to get my screws left me with the impression he really didn't know much about firearms and it took some patients to get thru to him. I was very nice btw, I was after all trying to get something out of him, but they eventually came thru for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts