Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and search for allen head or torx screws for the forarm of the gun but I can not find any one that has them. They are all 8-32. Does any one know where to get the 8-40x--- screws for them? Thanks for any info.

MontSS

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where to get new Forarm screws for the Enco

I made my own with stock I got from Brownells. You can buy them from TC, but only in the two lengths. In both cases you still have a slot head. Someone suggested drilling and re-tapping the current holes to 10X32.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Look in the yellow pages for a bolt manufacturer. I've used one in Melbourne, FL. when I lived there. They had anything you wanted and could make it for under a dollar if they didn't. I'd try the link at http://www.e-fastener.com click on find inventory, then on the left side click search for screws. They have a 8-40 option and it comes up with a bunch of places. They all list slotted or phillips, but I'm guessing they'd probably have torx or allen if you asked for it. You might have to buy in boxes of 50 or 100, but your brothers on these boards would probably take some off your hands.
Helicopter Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Link no longer works...

Helobill, The "e-fastner" link you listed just brings up a "domain for sale" site..... I hate it when that happens. :shock: Unfortunate, too, since I was looking for such a site. :( Gary T.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

*******UPDATE**********

I was put in contact with a company that said that they can work up an order for 10 or so of each and they would get back to me on the price. If more are interested on the screws then I will probably get a better price for the higher quantitly. if you are interested please let me know. Either reply or send me an e-mail (preferred) titled Encore screws ( if not it will be cycled to junk mail.) and I will let you know what I find from there.

[email protected]

·
Registered
289 Posts

I feel so high school English class :oops: . Sorry I misspelled Fastener, I typed it in instead of copying and pasting. My bad! Monte, you have mail.
Helicopter Bill
Hey I'm a Helo pilot not an English major.
:lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts

Hey, helobill, I wasn't trying to make you feel like you were in HS English class! I have bad memories of that, too. I was just trying to direct the guy to the right place.

RonF

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Bad news
They could not supply the screw I am still waiting to here back from a few other venders I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the help...

Helobill and RonF, Thanks for the help. :grin: I didn't bother to check the spelling, just clicked on the original link. Personally, I doen't thinck I'uve EVUR mispeld uh wurd! :shock: Gary T.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Ron F - that's why I put pilot instead of aveator, no wait ave8or, no that's not right eveitor, nah, avi...you know what I mean, pilot spelled fancy.

MonteSS if you find a place, I'll take some long ones so I can cut them to custom length.
Helicopter Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Unfortunatly they are not the right size for the Encore. Encore have 8-40x7/16 and 8-40x3/4 thread They are next ot imposible to find. Any body else having any luck?

·
Registered
298 Posts

Monte, My fault. I thought they were 8-32 like the 10-32 for the contender. I called one of my kin-folk who works at a fastener company. He thought he could get them in hex socket heads, black alloy steel. All 1" in length, you would have to shorten them. He's going to get me a price in the morning. Since he would have to order the 8-40, minimum order would be 100.

·
Registered
470 Posts
srews and or screwed

Monte,
Give me a day , I need to go over to Bullberry and give Fred a PC disc and I'm sure if they make em he's got em. Virgin Valley is next door so I'll stop in there if BB doesn't. They are only 10 minutes away. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I have e-mailed V V but I have not recieved a e-mail back. Thanks for taking the time to go over. I keep hitting dead ends or I don't get a e-mail back at all. 5 places just never returned them. Thank for all the help from every one.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Contendernut, please keep us posted. If they are hardened, I would like some.
VV should have them because they are offering their hanger system for stock Encore barrels.

·
Registered
470 Posts
screws

Went to bullberry today and talked to fred. He has no supplier that has the screws in the length needed in 8x40. They are used in some scope mounting but are all short. T/C must have them special made and should be easy to get factory screws with just a call and they may send a few at no cost. What BB and VVCG do is put there hanger bars on with the same dovetail mounting system as the contender using the 10x32 hex head screws. For factory barrels you would need to send them the barrel. Either will dovetail your barrel and mount their hanger bar system but you will then need their forearm. It is about $35. for the dovetailing and $50-60. for the forearm in composite.
Another possibility would be to have the holes threaded to 10x32 which there are lots of screws and would add some strength.
Just one of those wonderful thing that come out of " Research and Development" at T/C. I don't trust those two dinky screws to hold the forearm on with a sling. 10x32 should of been minimum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts