Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to feel complacent in everyday life.....
The job is not as stressful as it was when I was working retail......
Managing other individuals money is fun.....and profitable, much more so then anything I'd ever done before. Thinking about selling the business, after all I could have been retired at thirty....but I'm to young to NOT do SOMETHING?

All that said, I haven't had the spare time to attend in the weekly church for quite awhile. And the others I've met have often said that they understand. I speak with GOD everyday, and when I have the spare time to take the kids hunting....I thank him for that time while sitting on a treestand.

How many others here have to do the same?

Scott (thanks) B

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Seek ye FIRST His Kingdom and His rightousness.

For this reason, I make time to meet with the saints and worship my God every first day of the week.

But I am not in your shoes.

I hope you can find time: it's only a hour or so. Christ found time to die on the cross for you, and He was really busy those last few days.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Let's look at this from a couple of angles,
It is an honest little blog. I understand the longing and the the feelings.
It is Christ drawing you back too roots.
It is Christ showing you the purpose of you and it is also the Christ who is revealing the source of your success--the reason for it and the purpose.
Draw near unto Him who is the source.
It is not all about success and security is it. He is your security--in all situations.
It is not for understanding and agreement you shared is it.
You did well too share.
Prayers &
Blessings

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
quote author=sdb777 link=topic=129369.msg1098473105#msg1098473105 date=1193794911]
Managing other individuals money is fun.....and profitable, much more so then anything I'd ever done before. Thinking about selling the business, after all I could have been retired at thirty....but I'm to young to NOT do SOMETHING?

All that said, I haven't had the spare time to attend in the weekly church for quite awhile. And the others I've met have often said that they understand. I speak with GOD everyday, and when I have the spare time to take the kids hunting....I thank him for that time while sitting on a treestand.

Scott (thanks) B
[/quote]
===========================
Your message is contradictory: You do not have time to go to church on Sunday, but you are doing so well you could retire if you chose but would rather keep on working.
There is something in the Bible about keeping the Sabbath Holy.

WHY are you woriking on Sunday.
Now if you are simply not going because you think you are too pooped to go, that is one thing, but to make an exuse that I cannot go for this, that or the other thing, is lying to God.
Not going because one simply does not feel like going, is not really good, but at least is honesty and not a lie.

Why can you not go?
I am not criticizing you for not going, each has his own reason in reality.

Bob

·
Registered
234 Posts
sdb777 said:

Scott (thanks) B

Scott,

Whether they are on this forum or not....
Many others have felt the same....

God, at times, will move many from success to significance.
Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Paul and Nicodemus were just a few....

"One of the most common characteristics
of a person nearing the end of the first half of life (of the game of life)
is that unquenchable desire to move from success to significance."

What am I really good at?
What do I want to do?
What is most important to me?
What do I want to be remembered for?
If my life were absolutely perfect, what would it look like?
[/color]

Grab a copy of the book: HALF TIME
by: BOB BUFORD
at: Your local bible book store....Zondervan publishing house.

It will give you a step up on those feelings you have and why they are there!

You will not be disappointed, a good short, stout, stunning read.

Pulling and praying for you, and the Almighty is in this deal....

Matthew 13: 3-9 Parable of he sower.

JonJon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts