Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Katahdin barrel is on the way so I need to pick up some components. I'm finding this to not be an easy task. Lots of empty shelves in my area. I want to shoot Hodgens 777 so what primer? I can get either the Winchester T7 primers or the Remington Kleenbore. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for a newbies questions!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to all the fellow members wo PM'ed me with suggestions. It is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I am going to experiment with the White Hot pellets as soon as I see some on the shelf. If I could get AAP powders I would stick to them. Easy to clean fouling and my Encore is very accurate using the 3F version. Need to find some of the 2F but so far the search is still on. I have noticed that Pyrodex pellets and 777 pellets are on shelves. I far prefer loose powder.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the input! Yea the cupboards are bare in my neck o the woods as well! I already had some 777 so now my quest is for 209 primers!..Take care & saty safe.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I lucked out and traded some Large Rifle primers for Win 209 shotshell primers. Triple Seven is real dirty if you don't use very mild primers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts