Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all u deer hunters which states require u to check your deer in after u have shot it?? i know Oklahoma does they make u check it in the weight and how many points and what county it came from in the state, i see a lott of pictures on here and u ask them how much the deer Field dressed and they dont have a clue, if i posted a pic of my deer on here and some 1 asked me how much it weight i could tell them what it weighed

·
Administrator
26,191 Posts
Bama has no required check on a state wide basis. But the WMAs require you to do a check in and weight in during the few two day either sex hunts and the one day youth only hunts. On any other WMA check in is not required but you are required to fill out a form at the check stations to legally remove the deer from the WMA. Not a real easy thing to enforce and as far as I know no attempt to do so is made.

This will be our first season in my memory to require a limit on bucks or a point count. We now can kill only three bucks per season down from a buck a day as far back as I can remember and the third buck MUST have four points on one side minimum. We are required to annonate on our license each buck killed before moving it this year as well.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
No such requirment here in Pa. Dale

·
Registered
387 Posts
Missouri requires you to check deer or turkey kills either over the phone or on your computer. They want the hunter's Conservation ID number, county the animal was killed in and whether it was a buck, doe, or fawn.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here in okla no place can hang your deer to be buchered with out a carcase tag and if a worden drivers by your house and see u sking and deboneing the meat look out your in for trouble i know there is i am sure people here in okla that dont check theres in and just keep shooting deer tell they get caught or its big enough to check in, here in Okla write after u shoot your deer your suppose to fill in the back of your license the time of day he was shot what sex and date and then check him in after u have feild dressed cant weigh in a undressed deer

·
Registered
283 Posts
Only on WMAs in Florida. We do usually weigh ours though. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
In WI, All deer and turkeys must be physically registered.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
West Virginia requires you to check all deer,turky,boar, or bear.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tn. we have to check ours in here with all info but they don't weigh them. I have my own scale so when i hang then fer skinning i weigh them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
South Dakota would like you to send in 2 teeth along withe a sticker that is attached to your license. It is not required but the GFP hounds you for it if you don't.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
In Texas you have to tag the deer, but aren't required to check it in if hunting on private land. I don't know about WMA's. Since I hunt on land that is part of the state MLD program we have to keep a log that includes dressed weight and antler measurements on bucks.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Massachusetts does, you have 48 hours to get your dressed deer to a check station from the time you make your kill.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here in New York we are required to phone-in the information about the deer we take!

I don't know if it's still so or not, but in the Southern Tier, people who took a deer used to have to take their deer in to a "check station" where the game biologists would take the info from the deer as well as info provided by the taker!

·
Registered
250 Posts
In Indiana, the kill tag is good to get you to a DNR approved check in station for a transportation seal. In Michigan, where I live no check in is required; therefore, the DNR estimates of deer killed, etc., are all done using the SWAG method. I'm not sure our DNR knows anything about kill numbers!

Arch

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I must have missed something in the Oklahoma regs but have yet to be required to dress a deer before checking it in. I will have to look in to that. We have a doe only season next week end and will check it out before then. Looking foward to trying out my 44 mag marlin 1894 on deer. I got it at a gun show a few weeks back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts