Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
7,563 Posts
SHOOTALL said:
Not me he was on the run and ate human parts . Also he was a cold blooded killer . And would appear to have a mental disorder . Interesting fellow but no hero or role model .
Then again looking around at todays role models , he just may have been born before his time !
It is claimed that John Johnston, aka known as liver eating Jeramiah Johnson never did eat an indians liver. It was reported that he slashed an indian across the abdomen in a fight and the indians liver was stuck on the end of his knife and the other indians took it as he was eating the livers. This at the time put great fear in the local indians and that was a good thing at the time. John Johnston actually went on to a law enforcment career later in life and killed 2 indian braves on night that were drunk and fighing when he grabbed both by the headand cracked thier heads together.

· Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Do a search on John Johnston liver eating and you will come up with a ton of stuff. Where I read it I am unsure it was in a magazine many many years ago and I have a very very good memory for things like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson

Try this wiki reference efor a start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.