Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me out who makes the best trap dye and the eaily too use but i want it to stay on the trap i dont want it to wear off when u use it the first time i have always trap beaver and coons and mink and otter and i have also trap some for cats and foxes and coyotes the coyote i think is the hardest too catch i have trap foxes before and had coyotes kill the foxes in the trap :evil: on the water set trapping i didnt have too dye my traps i want too get in too coyote trapping more so can any body help me out with the dye and on a trap no smaller than a #2 for a coyote any help i can get i will take thank u :grin:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Although I don't think dying is a necessary for buried traps, I like using wallnut hulls. It's a natural scent, does a nice job, and for the money can't be beat. boil and simmer about 3 dozen hulls per 5 gallons of water until it gets good and black. Strain off the pulp, and dye away. After the traps dry put a wax coat on them and you should be ready to go. Just a thought......

·
Registered
29 Posts
walnut hulls work great but hope you have your triggers set tight nuff as you will find alot of squirells investigating....try sumac bark oor any comercially sold log wood powder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts