Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new EMF-Uburti '66 Yellow Boy Carbine. This gun is intended for CAS and will get a lot of black powder run through it. I like tang sights. I want to install a tang sight on this gun. However, I am not certain which ones will work. I don't want advice on what you "think" or "herd" will work, but rather information from someone who has done this or recommends this because they are certain it works. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Brasskisser,

Got three suggestions.. Marble, Marble, Marble.

I have one mounted on my Marlin, have put them on a number of pards guns and I do beleive they make one for the Uberti 1866.

I have found that, in many cases, you can mount them using the one tang screw and not have to drill the second hole. The base is contoured to fit the tang so if you pull the screw down tight it doesn't move. Had it on my Marlin this way for 2 seasons of cowboy shootin...

The reason I suggest the marble is that it is "click" adjustable for both elevation AND windage.

Good luck and keep ur powder dry.....

DonT

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
tang sight

I have seen a tang sight in Brownells catalog, it shows a tang sight by Marble, stock #579-009-811 for the 66 Uberti or Cimarron, #579-000-002 for the Henry, and #579-000-003 for the 1873 by Uberti/Cimarron. The price is $125.00. As only Uberti makes these rifles, it really wouldn't matter who the distributor is, Navy Arms, Mitchell, etc would all be the same. As nearly identical as the Henry/66 and 73 are, I imagine the different stock numbers must reflect a slightly different tang screw size or location on the three rifles. One of the screws (the front one) might need drilling and tapping the tang. The Henry already is, and some 66s and 73s might be already tapped. I did try a 73 sight I bought from Taylor's on my Henry, and the screw holes didn't line up (and no way to drill a new one, as the Henry was factory pre-drilled), hopefully, the Marble parts with the appropriate stock number will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts