Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out about once a week mostly in Meigs and Athens Counties for the past three weeks and haven't seen much going on. Yesterday was rainy and not a good day at all. What is everyone else seeing?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Hello tedinwv:
I have been seeing deer every couple of days at 8'oclock AM, and around 9AM. In the eve. it's been about 530 PM.
It may/most probably is, the same bunch, about 4-5 each time except I did see a small rag-horn at 9AM the other morning by himself. I have not been hunting them but have seen them while I was going to the smokehouse in the back yard.
The buck was trying to mt. a doe the other day but she wasn't quite ready. Here the rut is going on now.
I'm in central SC so things may be different with you.
I don't know if this is of any value but I hope it helps.
safety first
HM

·
Registered
505 Posts
The bucks are running/fighting here in Wyandot Co. Scrapes and rubs showing up every where. Got a trail cam vid of 2 average bucks sparring last Monday. Saw 3 NICE ones Thursday night. Does every couple of days about a half hour before sunset. Got 2 near Booners running around my place...not interested in shooting a doe right now!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I am.

I was on my front porch last evening with my crossbow. Two does came running through my yard and then went down to where a buck was feeding by my driveway. I thought they had smelled me but they came racing back, frolicked around a bit in my front yard and then went down to the buck again. They never slowed down enough for me to get a shot.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
On the large farm I hunt in Fairfield county almost all of the corn is still up because of the rain the last few weeks. The does and young deer are staying in the corn fields and out of the small perimeter wood lots and tree lines. The bucks are solitary and actively working rubs and scraps in the woods. The larger bucks are pretty much noctural. It will be interesting hunting once the combines remove the corn.

BB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.