Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been asked before here, but I wanted to see a new post on it as I am sure that there are new experiences since the last post. My last one on a Encore muzzleloader was done by Bullberry. Price was right and it is lighter. It kind of feels like a 2 stage trigger with take-up before the 2 1/2# pressure. There are many prices out there and I don't want to just pay someone to replace the spring and call it a trigger job. Any preferences on who to do it or should I buy Mike Bellms kit and try it myself (that makes me nervous though).:confused:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mike's kit is easy to use. But if you don't want to try it, he is also the 'smith with the most experience with TC trigger jobs -- or for that matter, TC ANYTHING.

On trigger jobs, you can usually have your frame back 2 weeks from the time you sent it in -- pretty decent turnaround in my books.

While Bullberry does make some accurate barrels, I have seen several botched trigger jobs from their shop. I would NOT use them for that particular service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Download Mike's directions and do it yourself.

Not really hard, just go slow and enjoy the work. You'll get it just the way you want it and learn your pistol at the same time.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I can't give you the actual link here because Mike's last name is forbidden on this site and shows up as "censored word." But I will send you a PM or e-mail with the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts