Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All things considered, that $5 billion is really "peanuts" !

Here's how phony the Dems are.....
There has been spent by now $77 billion, for a single passenger train setup in California..using federal funds. Yes the vaunted "Bullet train"...(or is that the bulls**t train?) has cost us that much and is way over deadline. It is supposed to run in 2033...if then.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2018-03-09/california-bullet-train-plan-to-show-updated-cost-timeline

Obviously they are not honest with all their excuses. It is that they hate Pres Trump and will do almost ANYTHING to uproot his administration

From the NY Times;

Mr. Newsom replied that the president was wrong that the project had been canceled. “Fake news,” Mr. Newsom tweeted. “We’re building high-speed rail, connecting the Central Valley and beyond. This is CA’s money, allocated by Congress for this project. We’re not giving it back.”
The high-speed rail plan has faced stiff opposition from Republicans for years, and it has never been clear how, exactly, the project would be financed. Last year, state officials said the cost of the project was likely to balloon to $100 billion, and the rail authority had so far come up with about a third of that. But Mr. Brown championed the initiative, which was the most expansive public transit project currently under construction in the country. Mr. Newsom never appeared to share that enthusiasm.

·
Registered
16,171 Posts
I see what you mean, maybe it is not so much people whining about the wall as it is chronic whiners now whining about this instead of something else they are instructed to whine about.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I see what you mean, maybe it is not so much people whining about the wall as it is chronic whiners now whining about this instead of something else they are instructed to whine about.
Sounds like a chronic whiner on this very forum. He sure don't wan't the wall. I guess he's not alone though.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The simple answer - because Trump wants it. The Dems have vowed to fight him at everything and anything. I'm convinced if he signed every bill the Dems gave him they would still find fault.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If Trump really wants a project to go.forward without opposition he should come out saying it will happen over his dead body. The democats would break their necks making it happen. Just saying

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
...Why all the whining over $5 billion for a wall?

Because Trump wants it, and it will severely limit DNC off books income.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So, you're speaking for all Texans now? Where do you live in Texas?

BTW: There are 23 Texas counties bordering Mexico..are 2 sheriffs all the Democrats could threaten, blackmail, buy or otherwise rope into their scheme...or are they sold out Democrats already?

In case you didn't notice.. 21 vs 2, doesn't give you radlefts a very impressive percentage..

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
They specifically want barriers including a wall and they demand securing our border with Mexico right now... (we need to secure our southern border with Mexico for public safety, security, & human rights). There statement not mine... maybe you should read what you post flounder... They feel a debate over this wall while doing nothing to help with unsecured borders is not helping. In there own words (the lack of border security is an undeniable national security concern). They demand action not words NOW...

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The SBSC consists of 31 Border Sheriffs and counties from Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas.
Here’s a passel of sheriffs who understand that border security doesn’t necessarily mean a medieval wall

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/2019/01/11/sheriffs-coalition-releases-statement-about-border-security-immigration/
Democrats lose their bowels over $5 billion for a wall.....

Where were all their righteous indignation questions and financial nightmares when Obama handed over $155 billion IN CASH..to the world's #1 terrorist sponsoring country ?

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Democrats lose their bowels over $5 billion for a wall.....

Where were all their righteous indignation questions and financial nightmares when Obama handed over $155 billion IN CASH..to the world's #1 terrorist sponsoring country ?

That's an excellent question and one that pops into my mind every time I read something from the democrats about wasting money. I am waiting to see the answer from our resident liberals or if they even respond.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts