Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here in Texas I have been seeing deer in the middle of the day. The temperatures are close to 95 degrees. Does anyone know why these deer are out grazing during the day light hours?
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Why are we seeing deer in the middle of the

Because its not HUNTING season, and I would guess that because the does have their fawns now and need the extra nurishment for them, but the closer to hunting season we get the less you will see of them. :D JIM

·
Registered
400 Posts

I'll also guess is because that poor old doe is trying to nurse during our worst time of year in TX. The hot summers kill more than the winters down here.
Secondary, it is probably just aS cool grazing as it is lying down.

FYI out of staters, Houston has had only .005 inches of rain this month. Won't be another antler season like last year when abundant rainfall fell throughout the year.

pepaw

·
Registered
145 Posts

I have been seeing alot of deer mid day here in south Ga. My brother in law was commenting on how many he had seen cutting wheat. He says he always sees them in the wheat but this year there seems to be more lil ones.

·
Registered
324 Posts

i know after the mosquito, deer fly n horsefly hatch here (wis) they come out in the day to escape bugs.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts

I am a firm believer in the effects of the moon phases on deer activities. You might want to check the calendar the deer will usually feed more during the daylight hours around the new moon. Regards, Byron

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

:cb2: I agree with jhm—it ain't huntin' season. My wife and I have been seeing them all Summer. Come November, they'll be like hair on a frog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts