Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all, if others are identifying themselves as African americans, why not do as they do?

Of course, we could be pedantic and point out that our species, **** sapiens, originated in Africa, and then extended its range to Europe, thus making all of us African Americans. Putting a finer point on it, that means African Americans can pay reparations to themselves.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
After all, if others are identifying themselves as African americans, why not do as they do?

Of course, we could be pedantic and point out that our species, **** sapiens, originated in Africa, and then extended its range to Europe, thus making all of us African Americans. Putting a finer point on it, that means African Americans can pay reparations to themselves.

:tango_face_grin: I think you need a hobby. On the other hand maybe this is your hobby.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't identify as an Anglo Saxon, because I am comfortable within my own skin.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I never really understood all of that African American crap. If you were born in Africa and then came to America and became a citizen, then that I agree with. If you were born here, then you are an American only. Everyone is free to celebrate their heritage as they see fit. Just don't try and make more then it is and certainly don't try and extort money from your country because of it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I recently did the 23 and me dna background check and they said I'm mostly Neanderthal. :tango_face_grin:

Guess I'm going to have to check the "Other" nationality box from now on and write in "Cave Man".

After all, I have the scientific proof.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts

Right ON, BRO!
I have been waiting a long time for some one to start using the term European American.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
We fought a war in 1776 to become Americans. I’m not going back to the British isles and claim my ancestry. I’m a American and a citizen of the good old USA.

·
Registered
705 Posts
We fought a war in 1776 to become Americans. I’m not going back to the British isles and claim my ancestry. I’m a American and a citizen of the good old USA.
I agree PastorP, that all seems very silly to me.

Interestingly enough, my mothers maiden name is Tudor. We have done a genealogy and our bloodline goes back to Henry the 8th of England. I wonder if I am due any inheritance ? I have gotten some fun out of it though. I have told my wife she needs to be nice to me because we all know what Ole Henry did to his wives. All she tells me is "Yeah right, you have to go to sleep some time".

Jim

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I recently did the 23 and me dna background check and they said I'm mostly Neanderthal. :tango_face_grin:

Guess I'm going to have to check the "Other" nationality box from now on and write in "Cave Man".

After all, I have the scientific proof.

Hello cousin !

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
i don't recognize hypenated Americans.

when someone starts all that with me, i suggest that they
work toward becoming an American. they always tell me
". . why i am an American ! ! . . i was born here! ! "
then i'll ask them why they told me they were a whatever/American
and aren't you proud of your ancestors that worked toward making
this country great ?
just me, i'm proud of all the blood sweat and tears that my ancestors
put into making this country what it is. AND they lifted themselves
up within a generation without crying for gummint assistance.
my own parents came up from poverty during the depression to paying
off their first house and cars and such without receiving any help from
anyone.

personally, i think it's just low self esteem

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Hello cousin !
You may be on my list. There are over 1,000 cousins on it so far. Some of them have pictures. The men mostly look like Bigfoot, all beards and two eyeballs. The women look more attractive, thank God.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Well, my bloodline is pure blood Polish. My Grandparents ( all of them ) came here in the early 1900's, legally, and my parents were Bi-lingual, speaking both Polish and English. My parents were both born in Pennsylvania in the early to mid 20's, but I know my Dad's stepmother couldn't speak English, and my Mom's Father and stepmother didn't speak English very well...

Where Do I sign up?

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
You may be on my list. There are over 1,000 cousins on it so far. Some of them have pictures. The men mostly look like Bigfoot, all beards and two eyeballs. The women look more attractive, thank God.
Thats me ...had a Dr.one time tell me I would a good neanderthal ! :tango_face_smile_bi

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Unlike our previous president, I am proud and very happy to be an American. He and his wife were only proud of our country when they were allowed to live in the White House. I also didn't deny my citizenship when I went to college like Osama Obama did.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
the United States is, unfortunately,

"United" in name only.

we now have the African American community, Latin community, Asian community and the list could go on.

a hyphenated America cannot stand.

why can't we be called "American"?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts

Well, my forefathers put a tremendous amount of blood and treasure into ridding themselves of European rule and thought. I’ll not disrespect them. American is a pretty good heritage to claim.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

·
Registered
93 Posts
a friends daughter came up with the answer. out of the mouths of babes.......if native Americans we call them American Indians ergo I am American Irish

1 - 20 of 21 Posts