Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that I look forward to new post in this section and then become disappointed when there are none? ;D

·
Super Moderator
51,508 Posts
Wait til the server goes down, that's disappointment that causes all kinds of anguish, anxiety and withdrawal symptoms!!

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,508 Posts
Yup, major withdrawals for me, but that was no fault of anyone here, the host physically moved to a new location and never told Matt, the server was shutdown at 6pm PDT last night, Matt called last night to see what's up and that's when he found out about it! ::) It came back online this am at about 8:15 PDT thank goodness!! ;D

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
I wondered what was going on. I tried to log in before work this AM about 5:00 EDT and - nothing. I just thought the server was down for repairs or updates thinking no one in their right mind would be trying to get on that time of the day ;D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost seems like this was a jynxed thread when I tried to get on and bam nothing. Glad its back.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Tried last night and most of the morning with server unavailable error message.
Felt like a little kid that had just lost his dog!

Don't do that to us.
You know some of us have heart conditions.

Finaly gave up and went out side and did some more shooting.
Glad it's back.

LONGTOM

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I can go ahead and cancel my appt for the withdrawals now. :-\ It really is hard to deal with an empty screen when ya expect to talk with all yer friends. :eek: :'( DP

·
Registered
256 Posts
quickdtoo said:
the host physically moved to a new location and never told Matt,
That is quite remarkable. I used to work in IT and in any move, planning was done weeks ahead of time. Everyone, even remotely impacted/involved, was always invited to the weekly change management meetings, down to and including the janitors.

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
They claim they sent e-mails which Matt failed to respond to. Did he get them and just fail to check his e-mail in a timely manner or did they fail to show up? I dunno really. Those who got back with them were allowed to select the time for the move of their servers. Since Matt didn't get back with them they selected the time and we were in the dark.

Now why the long period of down time? Again I dunno it could be that Matt had to restart or something I've not really discussed it with him. Bottom line is it took us by surprise regardless of who was at fault and why.

Stuff happens. We own our own servers but do not have a high speed connection to the internet to hook them to so they must be co-located at a site that does. That means we have to give up some control over them to the folks who physically hold them and connect them into the internet.

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
quickdtoo said:
Wait til the server goes down, that's disappointment that causes all kinds of anguish, anxiety and withdrawal symptoms!!

Tim
[/quote]

that other tim is a profit

i got real nevous the other night
the kids were watching that intervention show
and looking at me funny and talking behind my back
while i was on GBO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts