Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Very interesting Bob, thanks for sharing. I remember as a kid my grandma making the most delicious biscuits I've ever eaten to this day. Bob Evans has some pretty acceptable biscuits.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Cracker Barrel makes some fine biscuits also. Mine aren’t bad although at a buck a can I buy aldis flaky layers and they aren’t bad either. It takes me at least 10 minutes to work up a batch with butter cut into them and I don’t know about you but I don’t work for 6 bucks an hour not including ingredients. Although they are more like a bread than a true biscuit...

·
Registered
553 Posts
The only items for biscuits is Hudson Cream self rising flour and buttermilk. A little oil in an cast iron skillet.
Worked for my mother for 70 years and still works for me the past 40 years.
Preacherman

·
23,845 Posts
I use melted butter instead of oil.😁

·
23,845 Posts
Linda has been wanting some of my homemade biscuits, think I'll go make some now.🤗

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
When my wife discovered a certain brand of whomp biscuits that was it for home made biscuits. I have to say my mother made great biscuits as did my mother-in-law and my wife learned to make them just as good but the whomp biscuits are right up there with them and so much easier.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Had to look that up. Whomp biscuit. Funny...

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Deep down I knew what this article shared. Years ago I was able to find and used White Lily exclusively. The source dried up and I switched brands.

I’ve got an ag science degree and learned the difference in wheat decades ago. But we were led to understand all purpose flour was soft wheat. Decades ago...

No distribution north of essentially the Mason Dixon line. I can quit looking I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Had to look that up. Whomp biscuit. Funny...

My wife always called them whomp ‘em biscuits too. Had never heard the term before her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts