Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through the regs in preparation of a hunting trip this Nov during gun season and it seems I need to be 50% covered in hunter orange at a minimum. Normally, I throw an orange vest over my camo coat, but from the sound of it they want/recommend just about full coverage in solid orange. Am I understanding this correctly? I'm going to need to find some cheaper orange out garments to go over the top of my expensive cold weather camo gear.

Any recommendations/suggestions?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The law states 50% above the waist....and most vests will give you more than 50% coverage.

no person may hunt any game, except waterfowl, unless at least 50%
of their outer clothing above the waist is colored blaze orange. A hat or other head covering,
if worn, must be at least 50% blaze orange. Faded or stained blaze orange clothing is unsafe
and may not meet law requirements. Camo-blaze that is 50% blaze orange is legal, but is
not as visible as solid blaze clothing; 100% solid blaze orange is recommended.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I've found my solid orange upland hunting vest, thinsulate orange glove/mitten, and a couple more solid orange thinsulate hats. I'm going to be so lit up in orange that if I get shot, it'd be hard to say it was an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts