Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Involving people. They are never people I've ever known or met. Always strangers but they have names and history. Very vivid, where do our minds come up with this? No it ain't meds and I don't drink, I've always had this. Men and women, nothing bad thank goodness just these people. After I had my heart attack I had a dream in the hospital where I couldn't see my reflection in a mirror?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
i have them all the time.
the worst people dream i've had was one where i
was with a lady, and in the middle of our togetherness
she pulled out a big knife and was slashing my arms
and stabbing me. i woke up and my side and my arms
really hurt bad, and it took a while for the pain to go
away. it's been a long time ago, but i stilll remember it.
i've dreamed i've been to places i've never been to
or seen, and there have been times i actually go to
some of those places and realize i've been there in
a dream. weird weird weird

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Have not had one for a while but for years I had dreams that I called my other home town, similar but different. What makes them really odd is I could travel North , South and West but on the highway East there was some barrier that no matter how hard I tried I could not go East.
Usually there was a physical barrier but on occasion I would be driving and once I reached a certain point, in the blink of an eye I would be heading back from whence I came.
When I had them a lot, I could have mapped out the area to a distance of about 60 miles.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have them all the time.
the worst people dream i've had was one where i
was with a lady, and in the middle of our togetherness
she pulled out a big knife and was slashing my arms
and stabbing me. i woke up and my side and my arms
really hurt bad, and it took a while for the pain to go
away. it's been a long time ago, but i stilll remember it.
i've dreamed i've been to places i've never been to
or seen, and there have been times i actually go to
some of those places and realize i've been there in
a dream. weird weird weird
Oh mine have never been violent. Very nice people, sometimes I'm in a shop with the guys doing stuff.
Lady's are nice always, nothing sexual but no one I've ever known. The mirror dream is strange and it recurs.
Ranger that's called deja vu and it is weird.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Have you ever awakened from a dream, in a dream?
This happened to me once, I awakened from six dreams before I was really awake.
In the dream, by the fifth time I was starting to panic a bit, thinking is this the really , really world.
When I did finally wake up, I had a splitting headache that took hours to leave

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have not had one for a while but for years I had dreams that I called my other home town, similar but different. What makes them really odd is I could travel North , South and West but on the highway East there was some barrier that no matter how hard I tried I could not go East.
Usually there was a physical barrier but on occasion I would be driving and once I reached a certain point, in the blink of an eye I would be heading back from whence I came.
When I had them a lot, I could have mapped out the area to a distance of about 60 miles.
Bob that's like my mirror dream I don't know that we will ever figure it out. It's the only recurring dream I have a problem with. Other times I wish I really did know these people. Where do our minds come up with this?

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you ever awakened from a dream, in a dream?
This happened to me once, I awakened from six dreams before I was really awake.
In the dream, by the fifth time I was starting to panic a bit, thinking is this the really , really world.
When I did finally wake up, I had a splitting headache that took hours to leave
No never. But I have heard it's not a good thing to dream you died. Maybe the mirror :tango_face_sad:
My banker looked it up on google. I was pronounced deceased on that site for awhile.
It took a lot of phone calls to fix that.

·
Banned
3,930 Posts
I am not deceased!!! Holy cow its hard to reverse that decision.
This has become a problem. One in which i am attempting to correct. It all stemmed from his heart attack.

And the original cause of death. A premature diagnosis which wasn't corrected.

I have no idea about his dreams only what he tells me.

·
Premium Member
14,631 Posts
Recurring dreams. I back up a truck or other large vehicle on a grade and the vehicle will not stop regardless how hard I try to brake or shift into forward.
A variation is going downhill forward and can't stop for an intersection/ red light.

Question:
Can you run in a dream? I never could. It feels like I'm stuck in glue

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Aren't weird dreams just normal? I've had them for as long as I can remember. My wife says she has them. I've heard this from numerous other people as well. Mine are gone as soon as I wake up. Wife says the same. I never try to recall mine as I know there will be another to replace it. My goofy dreams seem to take place shortly before waking up in the morning.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Question:
Can you run in a dream? I never could. It feels like I'm stuck in glue

I can't either and I finally noticed that usually when I wake up during one of those dreams I am laying on my stomach and I'm exhausted. I believe that I have really been trying to run but because of laying face down the bed inhibits the leg movement giving the feeling of not being able to run.

Buce

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aren't weird dreams just normal? I've had them for as long as I can remember. My wife says she has them. I've heard this from numerous other people as well. Mine are gone as soon as I wake up. Wife says the same. I never try to recall mine as I know there will be another to replace it. My goofy dreams seem to take place shortly before waking up in the morning.
Studies show that's about the time REM sleep occurs.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any one here ever have the dream that you are flying, without a plane? I used to but not in a long time.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Any one here ever have the dream that you are flying, without a plane? I used to but not in a long time.

I had flying dreams when I was a child. They were so realistic,and the sensation was great!
After having my quad bi-pass surgery,I have dreams often about getting lost. I start in a familiar place and get turned around and find myself in a strange place without any sense of direction.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had flying dreams when I was a child. They were so realistic,and the sensation was great!
After having my quad bi-pass surgery,I have dreams often about getting lost. I start in a familiar place and get turned around and find myself in a strange place without any sense of direction.
The flying dreams are great. Some were me in an old biplane up in Alaska with a little dog, those were the best.
I still really only have good dreams nothing like you guys are having. They are only still the strangers but it isn't bad stuff. At times I look forward to it, what will it be tonight?

Never anything like you guys are revealing , just the strangers? And that is something new since my bypass.
That and that dang mirror with no reflection? I can't figure that one out.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
i have very vivid and very bad dreams regularly
i wont even describe them here, nother than to say they are worse than any horror / slasher movie youve ever saw

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i have very vivid and very bad dreams regularly
i wont even describe them here, nother than to say they are worse than any horror / slasher movie youve ever saw
Maybe it's due to all that truck driver food you eat out there on the road? Those roadside and truck stop delis with the warmed up food that looks like it's days old and smells like it too. I got a gut grenade in one of those
once and that was enough for me. Stand flat footed and could crap over the top of a house. Lol.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Maybe it's due to all that truck driver food you eat out there on the road? Those roadside and truck stop delis with the warmed up food that looks like it's days old and smells like it too. I got a gut grenade in one of those
once and that was enough for me. Stand flat footed and could crap over the top of a house. Lol.

lol :tango_face_angel:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts