Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about bee hunting and it sounds like a lot of fun. I can't believe I did think of this on my own. However I seem to remember someone telling me the bird shot rounds would hurt your rifling. I'ld appreciate the opinions of the experts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That's all the encouragement I needed. It's going to be a fun weekend.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lone Spur,
After a season of bee hunting, which this year started out looking like a banner year but soon went bust, I run a bronze brush through the Single Six and it's clean as a whistle. The worse that could occur is leading, but I haven't seen even that. :grin:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Took my new Single Six out today to plink for a little while. Wasn't intending to try "bee skeet", but had half a dozen rounds with me so had to try it out. I need a lot of practice. 1 out of 6. This could get habit forming.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Nope they're pure lead, just like the solid bullet you shoot in your gun. The only thing that is destroyed is the accuracy by the spiraling land and grooves in your barrel. Shot needs a smooth bore and choking system to work properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts