Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1973 rifle that was my dad's model 94. I was seven when he and I were up north deer hunting. It was the only deer my father got. I thought I would hunt this year with the rifle out of memory of my dad. I 'am 36 now and it sees like 1977 that nov day. My question is do I need a special tool to remove the front sight? I'am thinking about putting a williams peep sight with front fire sight. Thank you :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
ms - there is a sight removal tool available from Brownells for a few bucks that does the job on Winchesters and a whole bunch of other guns. You don't want to try drifting the sight out because you might break the sight base retaining screw. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you put a Fire Sight on, you'll have to remove the front sight. I put one on my Trapper a few years ago and had more trouble seeing it than my original with a dab of white nail polish. Removed the Fire Sight, gave it away and went back to the original with a Marble tang.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I recently traded my front sight for a marbles 1/16" gold bead to go with my Williams FP. LOVE IT!!! Groups dropped from 1" to a cloverleaf at 50 yds with an LBT 180 WFN @ 1.80 OAL over 13.0gr 2400 WSPM. 94AE Trapper .357

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Removal rule is to take it out of the dovetail from left to right, install from right to left. Keeps the dovetail from spreading in theory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts