Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you own this rifle? I own a few Winchester M70 Classic Stainless Rifles and they appear to be identical to the Ultimate Shadow SS except for the stock. What are your thoughts?

Zachary[/color]

·
2,402 Posts
my dad has one that i have shot and i am not impressed. for the price he paid, the combo gun with cheapo scope works pretty well but its about on par with a savage, without the savage accuracy.

the bolt isnt smooth at all and it binds a little if you dont shove it home, that is, if you slide it slowly while cycling it, it catches a few times. my Vanguard was worlds smoother.

the gun shoots just fine, a little over an inch at 100 yards, and the synthetic stock, even though ugly as ****, feels great in your hands and it fits nicely on the shoulder.

the finish on the metal is my all time least favorite matte puke colored gray, looks like it wants to be an 870 Express finish but cant "get 'er done" lol.

but the gun shoots well and is cheap to own.

i would rather have a savage or a tikka or howa or ANY weatherby before it though.

-Matt

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the SUPER shadow, or the ULTIMATE shadow?

I think that the SUPER shadow is the push feed, while the ULTIMATE is CRF. All my CRF Winchesters are just excellent - smooth and very accurate.

Anyway, the reason I was asking is because Bass Pro is selling the ULTIMATE shadows in STAINLESS for only $449, and most people sell them in the $700 range or thereabouts.

Zachary[/color]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts