Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
The book says they were made from 1954-1961.

There was something unique about the chamber/barrel, but I can't remember just what it was. Something along the lines of a separate barrel and chamber, recoiling chamber, ???????

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have ben told by my farther and uncle that this model 50 will not eject shells and will not shoot. I have ben told this story about 40 yrs. I got my hands on the gun three weeks ago. I took it apart and found that spring in the trigger group did not look like the one that was in the Winchester parts guide. I order some parts from Numrich and replace the spring with the one that Winchester says goes in the gun, I went to range to day for a test. I shot a box for shells with on jams at all. I guess some where down through time My Grandfather had the gun worked on by a backwoods gunsmith and the wrong spring was replaced. I now have a shotgun that has not ben used in 55 yrs. that shoot like new

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.