Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having trouble getting my bolt to eject rounds... someone suggested I clean the bolt (esp claw, spring, and ejector)

Im sure you guess it (from the title) the damn spring that sits under the claw FLEW OUT!!!

anyone know a place that sells replacements?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,142 Posts
Brownells:
Bolt Parts | Rifle Parts at Brownells

Midwest Gun Works:
Winchester Model 70 Bolt Parts (midwestgunworks.com)

Numrich:
Winchester Rifle Parts for Sale | Numrich Gun Parts (gunpartscorp.com)

Not that you have not, but look and feel around across a wide area in the direction the spring flew. Did you hear it strike anything or bounce off of something to indicate where it might be? Use a strong magnet too.

With a little perseverance and luck, the spring might be recoverable. I know firsthand about loaded springs, stiff pins, small parts, and the unintended consequences of personal gunsmithing. I have recovered a few through persistence and determination (and purchased a few too). I really don't want to purchase something that is already "here" (figuratively speaking) It is a kick in the gut when this stuff happens, be we learn from it.

Recovery is a breath of fresh air - when/if it happens...usually the day the new part is scheduled to arrive.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much :)
I think this is it... they have the "old" and "new" style... i ordered the new style and wish me luck lol

my brother said the same thing... "keep looking and use a magnet"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts