Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if Winchester ever made a model 70 blued short action with a stainless barrel? If so when, years of production, and what are they worth?
The barrel has Lightwieght on the side. It has a cherked walnut pistol grip stock. Has a 20" barrel in .308 cal.
Thanks in adavance.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The coyote has a semi bull barrel but is close to what you are describing. I had one once, It turned out to be a total piece of crap. And after dealing with Winchester over warenty work I'll never own another. If it sounds like I have a thorn in my side about Winchester it's because I do. But I'll not go into that. KN

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After nimerous phone calls to Winchester, I finally got ahold of someone that could answer my questions. It seams that this rifle was made special for a distributer, Elliott Bros., 50 in .308, 50 in 7 x 57, 50 in 30-.06 and 50 in .270. This serial # was shipped 12/20/96, so it was one of the last ones made, being as all where made in '96.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As I recall, the Coyote is a post-64 piece of crap. As well, I strongly dislike them and had a bad taste about Winchester until they revived the pre-64 Classic style. The Classic action is a really quality product- much more than remington or ruger. Much better extractor. I wouldn't take a plug nickle for mine!

Beau

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.