Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had one I loved shooting it.If you have any other question I'll try to answer them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave:

If I read you correctly, you owned (past tense) one. I am wondering what the recoil is like in such a light rifle. I know it is ported and has a deluxe recoil pad, but .... Also, how was accuracy? Why do you not currently own?

Thanks,

·
Registered
427 Posts
The reason I don't have it know is because I shoot a lot ,and I don't reload.It gets a tad pricey.The recoil is like a 45-70 in my #1-s.It's not bad ,but you know its there.The accuracy is great just like all my other 94's.I have shot it with the XS ghost ring at a 100,and I shot it with a burris 4x handgun scope at a 100.both had great accuracy.I could put a bullet in a 5" shoot-n-see every time. I'm going to buy another one when I start reloading.If you get one you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Accuracy of the 450M is excellent out of any of the 3 I own. At present I have the Marlin 1895M, a Clark Custom bolt and the Browning stainless BLR. I need the Timber Carbine to include in the collection. Wonder if my wife knows I "need" it? :wink: Recoil is stout but not unmanageable out of the levers and a piece of cake out of the bolt because of it's weight. The Timber Carbine is probably the lightest of them all and I would expect it to be fairly "stout" also, but again, not unmanageable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts