Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law is thinking about getting a CHRISTmas gift for his son. He asked me about the Winchester wildcat 22 bolt action. Having not been in the market for a 22 for many years I didn't even know Winchester
was making a 22 bolt action again. I suggested a model 190 or 77, but he really likes the idea of a bolt action for a 1st 22 rifle for his son. He ;looked at some old model 75's and 69's and feels he could purchase this wildcat new for less, but neither of us know anything about the quality of the wildcat.

Personally if it was for my son I would look for a used Ruger 77/22 given his qualifications, But to each his own.

I told him I would ask on this board and let him know others thoughts and reccomendations.
Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Wildcat for few months and I love it. It made in Russia for US market, comes with 4 mags: 3-for 10 and 1-for 5 rds,
all works good.
I'm 75, at 35 yards we can make 3/8" group of 10 with cheap Tasco 3-7x20 and if no wind. It's about same as with my T/C Contender
with good scope.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Never owned or even seen a Wildcat. I would grab one of those 69's in a heartbeat. Bought one 47 years ago. Paid $48.95 for it then. Believe me it has seen a lot of use. My father shot sporter rifle with it for a couple of years. Seemed to do as good with it as some of the folks did with their more expensive guns.
bobg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont have a wildcat but I have the toz it was made after and its a awsome squirrel gun. bought it new for 100bucks with 2 5 round clips and 2 10 round clips. adjustable creep and trigger aswell. probably the best hundred bucks I spent. Its not the mose accurate compared to my cz but I didnt buy my cz for a hundred bucks either. I believe winchester kept everything the same but just put a better stock on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts