Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rifle has been sold.
[/color]

Selling a Winchester X-150, .50cal, 26" fluted stainless steel barrel, 1:28 twist, 209 Ignition " New Breech plug" New Truglo ghost ring fiber optic sights, Limbsaver recoil pad, Thick padded Leather sling with a whitetail theme picture. Advantage hardwoods camo stock, Trigger is crisp and breaks cleanly. Estimated at 3 to 3 1/2lbs. Very nice trigger on this rifle. Bore is in excellent condition. Comes with all the tools you need + Movie and manual. She is an excellent balancing rifle, shoulders smoothly with none of that, throw the stock around in your shoulder until the sights come into view. This rifle just comes into place naturally with very little head movement to get the sights lined up.

Rifle is not picky at all. Ive shot everything from TC maxi hunters, great plains, powerbelts, sst's, Xtp's Minnies, Home cast .429 pistol bullets into a knight high pressure sabot " green". The rifle is currently sighted in with the 410 grain great plains conical over 80 grains pyrodex P. Rifle is in Excellent condition and shoots excellent groups.
Rifle's barrel is also free-floated.
Picture of rifle and the last target i shot with the 410 grain great plains @ 100 yards Open sighted. Orange dot is 3" Dia.
Asking $235 Shipped to your door. Gotta get it moving. I have gone strictly traditional muzzleloader only and need funds to buy a percussion barrel and lock for my GPR.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: Winchester X-150, SS,Camo, Excellent shape!

dose the bolt close tight to the primmer or is there a space when cocked im not familar with this gun so im not to sure ive seen some bolts that dont cover the primmer theres a space between the bolt face and the primmer when it rains do you have to fill the void with borebutter or something i have a cva hunterbolt it has a small space some the bolt stays away till you pull the trigger then the whole bolt comes foward to hit the primmer how dose this 1 work

·
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Winchester X-150, SS,Camo, Excellent shape!

b44mag said:
dose the bolt close tight to the primmer or is there a space when cocked im not familar with this gun so im not to sure ive seen some bolts that dont cover the primmer theres a space between the bolt face and the primmer when it rains do you have to fill the void with borebutter or something i have a cva hunterbolt it has a small space some the bolt stays away till you pull the trigger then the whole bolt comes foward to hit the primmer how dose this 1 work

Ahhh, after reading yourpost, i now see what you mean. This rifle has an actual firing pin. The bolt you have sounds like its a Plunger type system. Plunger is what is used on the staghorns and the buckhorn and such. The bolt on the X-150 is like your normal centerfire. Pull up, pull back, cap, push forward and close and pull the trigger and the internal firing pin hits the primer.
I forgot to mention that this can also use #11 or Mustket caps if you buy the breech plug for the one you'd like. Its set up right now for 209 primers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts