Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting a pop up that says i am running a copy of windows that is not genuine. Click on it and it says i have to buy an original. Never paid for windows before. Any one have any ideas how to get rid of that?
bobg

·
2,541 Posts
Bobg - If I had to guess, that's not the problem. Do a scan with your antivirus, then clean out your cookies / history. Most likely it will disappear.

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The computer is a Dell. No problems until a few days ago. Did a scan with Avast and superantispyware. It didn't help. Still get the pop up.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to the computer tech. He fixed the pop up problem from his end. Said he thinks it is a proplem with AOL. Now it won't let me send or read e mails. Told me he was on his way to work on a computer with the same problem. Said he would know more about how to fix things after working on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tech was right it was AOL. Everything works now. ;D Talked to a couple other people with AOL and they were having the same problem. :( Talked to those 2 again yesterday. Their problems are over too.
Anyone on here with AOL that were having problems?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts