Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody hunting deer in Wisconsin with their muzzle loader? I am going out Saturday with my TC Big Boar.

Cheese

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yep, tomorrow with Lyman GPR>

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Yep my own design underhammer with a Green Mountain barrel in 54 cal it is a fast twist barrel that I shoot my home cast conicals using my own lube too. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Atleast going to try Saturday morning.....before the snow hits.

Can't make it out on Sunday at all, though.

I just hope I can stay warm tomorrow AM ;)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I got my first deer with my muzzleloader Thursday afternoon west of Phillips. It was a spike. I used my TC 50 cal. but used a .429 Rem. 240gr. handgun bullet with 100 gr. of 777. I hit it kind of low behind the shoulder and it ran 100 yards. Later, Steve.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning on an evening hunt today, but it is a blowing blizzard almost all day, but,, tracking snow for tomorrow.

Cheese

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
No hunting for me i have 7 drive ways to plow tommorow probably take all day we have at least 10 inches now and it is still snowing

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
:) Went out last Friday and Saturday. Missed a buck when my percussion cap in my TC Hawken would not ignite the American Pioneer powder I was using. I may go out with muzzleloader this weekend but use black powder in my smokepole. I'm in a herd control unit but one more deer would be plenty. Deer season goes so long now I don't have that much vacation. I'm over in the SE part of State.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I went out tracking last couple hours on blizzard day. After about a half hour on a track it occurred to me that if I shot one poorly way back in, that I would probably lose it or me, so I turned around and still-hunted back. I wasn't out long enough to get cold & I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
One more day!!!! Been pretty slim pickn's....now it is anterless and today at 1:30pm I saw the biggest buck of my life walk within 20 yards of me!

I'll be back at it in the morning!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts