Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had discovered the Handi rifles sooner. I bought my first one, 45-70 , right before they quit selling them. I wish I’d bought more. I have a contender too and I’m really liking the single shot guns .

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Yep. Definite sellers remorse on some. 8(

·
Registered
388 Posts
I caught the bug about 2 years ago. I'd like to think I would have restrained myself and just bought the things I currently have, but realistically I probably would have a much fuller safe and even less cash in the bank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got severely ill a few years back and sold my classic carbine,my .35 whelan, my762x39,one versa pak, my .223, miss them all.only have a couple 30-30,and a .22 Hornet left in rifles. Have an armload of shotguns though.. :(

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
They had a good thing going for a while but I think when all of the sub $ 250 bolt action rifles came out they lost a big part of the low priced entry level sales.
I started buying them around 2000 and back then the extra barrel program was very popular. You could buy shotgun barrels for $ 40 and most rifle barrels were $ 80 fitted and you only paid shipping of $ 10 even if you bought 10 at one time.
They came out with a lot of non magnum cartridges and many different models and most stocks could be swapped and you could make what you wanted at a low price.

I lived in OH for most of my life and recently moved to MI and I still find a lot of them at gun stores and gun shows and pawn shops at prices that are a lot less than they fetch online.

jedman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts