Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the .243 Wolf ammo is the cheapest.
I assume it is also the worst.

Should I bother with it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
if its the wolf gold , it should shoot pretty good . i shoot 7.5x55 swiss wolf gold through my k31 its shoots excellent

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I have had good results with the Wolf Gold in 7.5 X 55 in K31 and in .303 in SMLE. .223 in Oly. SM was only so so but still good enough for busting crows at 150 yds. its cheap enough to buy a couple boxes and try. good luck.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Wolf gold in 6.5 Swede shoots as well as any factory load I've tried in my Husky 1640. ****, try a box. It's only money and you can print more, eh? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
How much cheaper could it be? This time of year (around deer season) you can get Remington CoreLokt, Federal Blue Box or Winchester Super X for $11 to $14 a box at most outdoor superstores or WalMart. Wolf gold is still Wolf. It makes more soot than green birch logs.
If you are just going plinking, and you take your gun cleaning kit to the range, fine. Don't expect to get groups good enough to dial in a scope.
If you are trying to humanely kill an animal, what is a few cents more per bullet in the grand scheme?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gr8ful, don't know what some of those abbreviations mean, but I understand the crow popping at 150!

skifastchad, Wow. I haven't seen those prices but will keep my eye out for it. Rifle deer season is over here, but just ordered my 1st handi in a stainless .243 and a Mueller scope. Just waiting for it to be delivered and getting prepared.

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
Are any of you guys shooting this stuff in an H&R? Kurt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts