Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tradition buckstalker 50 Cal. I have used this rifle for several years. last season I got a sabot stuck during a miss fire. I got a breach plug removal tool and was able to get the round out. Didn't go to fire the rifle until last week, it would not fire. I tried several different 209 primer's and different loads. I cant think of anything else to do, I have tried tightening the breach more, cleaning, ect. and nothing has worked. Any help before I take it to a gun smith would be appreciated.

·
Registered
606 Posts
:) Howdy! Just a suggestion or two. Is the primer firing? If not, check and make sure the safety, if it has one, is set for firing. Also, clean the plug and make sure the hole where the primer shoots the fire to the powder is clear and not stopped up. Hope this helps. Let us know. Always, Gene

·
2,656 Posts
GeneRector said:
:) Howdy! Just a suggestion or two. Is the primer firing? If not, check and make sure the safety, if it has one, is set for firing. Also, clean the plug and make sure the hole where the primer shoots the fire to the powder is clear and not stopped up. Hope this helps. Let us know. Always, Gene
What Gene said^^^^^. If the primer is firing, then there has to be an obstruction between it and the powder charge.

Larry

·
24,004 Posts
first thing to do is go to the auto parts store or a hardware store and ask for a torch tip cleaner. Find which wire in it is the proper size for your primer flash hole and make sure its not obstructed. You never said if you tried different powders or if your using the same one that gave the initial misfire but its possible you have contaminated powder and its even possible your primers are no good. After cleaning that flash hole id go and buy yourself a new box of fed shotgun primers and a new can of powder. If all of that doesn't work its even possible with a light hammer strike your getting primers going off but not at full power. But Id try the first three things before you fool with anything else. Make sure too that your seating your primer all the way into its receptacle and that that part of your breach plug is clean also so the primer can seat all the way.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Clean the flashhole first. That most likely will take care of the problem. If that doesn't work, then start looking for other possible problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts