Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lyoto Machida just got the decision over Shogun Rua in the light heavyweight championship fight. Shogun kicked the daylights out of him for 5 rounds and the judges gave the nod to Machida. ???
I don't know what fight the judges were watching but it wasn't the one that came over my tv.

Spanky

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
after payin' nearly $50.00 for this mess for my son's birthday, i'm glad we weren't the only ones with this opinion. i totally agree with you on this. ref' weren't much on the ball tonite. bubba.

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
Surely you guys don't still think any of that crap is on the up and up do you? The winner has been decided long before they ever step into the ring. It's all just a show to entertain and take money from your pockets. The managers and promoters determine who will win when the set these things up. From there it's merely a matter of following the script. ::)

·
Registered
852 Posts
yes. as with most pro sports it's more about selling tickets, tv rights, and beer commercials, than sport. especially fight sports and hunting shows

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Graybeard said:
Surely you guys don't still think any of that crap is on the up and up do you? The winner has been decided long before they ever step into the ring. It's all just a show to entertain and take money from your pockets. The managers and promoters determine who will win when the set these things up. From there it's merely a matter of following the script. ::)

The MMA is the new kid on the block, and will take over boxing as the premier one on one sport.
They still have some bugs to work out, and getting good judges and Ref's is the main problem now.

It's not a staged event like pro wrestling, and the Don Kings haven't made their appearances yet.
They will when the sport gets bigger!

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
I don't think when Tim Silvias arm snapped it was fake. This is the real deal, if there is no knock out or tap out the judges can throw the fix in, but it's otherwise real. I've seen noses broken, arms snapped, people knocked unconscious into convulsions. No for the most part not fake.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not fake. I went to High School with Sean Sherk and still am friends with him today and judging from the efforts that he puts into it, I can honestly say it's not fake.

I didn't see the Machida fight, but I did hear about it. Sounds like it was by far his worst showing so far. Too bad, I think he is pretty darn good and a good role model as he always shows good respect for his opponent.

Maybe there will be a rematch????

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
In the old UFC where it wa fight to the finish they never had this controversy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts