12,510 Posts
hunter harassment is illegal here
and will get you in a big mess if
you make it back out

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a law in Georgia as well. Good thing. This is a stupid way to act around a fellow with expanding broad heads or a loaded gun. I understand they feed you peanut butter sammitches in jail here. I like peanut butter.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
21 years of hunting on my spot here in N.C., private land and never seen a soul cept my neophyte brother in law who hunts my stands when he knows I'm at work and is an in general know it all pain in the ass. Hope to never see folks like those in the vid but know I already have...

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
OK I understand how everyone feels about this and would probably get into deep trouble had it happened to me the first year. But come on 14 years and he is still trying to hunt there? Seems to me that he is past being patient and his "wildlife management" people are...........well horses patouts.

Needless to say I would not be back there the second year, unless I came there to end someone's miserable existence.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
JonnyReb said:
21 years of hunting on my spot here in N.C., private land and never seen a soul cept my neophyte brother in law who hunts my stands when he knows I'm at work and is an in general know it all pain in the ass. Hope to never see folks like those in the vid but know I already have...
I thought I was the only one on here with one of those pain in the ass BIL s . ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
mcbammer said:
JonnyReb said:
I thought I was the only one on here with one of those pain in the ass BIL s . ;D ;D ;D
;D. Oh no...theres more than one of them out there ::) sorry to hear it. Probably the worst is when I'm in the stand and its just gotten daylight when here comes Bro in law down the trail late as usual... or when its an hour into the hunt and here he comes headed back to the house , holding his belly because he's gotta go to the bathroom. ::)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
There is an easy way to either stop this, or cut it back a lot. The guy needs to go kill a deer somewhere else, gut it, and drag it, to just below his stand. Or get a hide and stuff it. Next time one of these idiots shows up, just before they get close, fire off a couple rounds into the dirt. Climb down whooping and a hollering about how big it is. He should then yell over to those guys, thanks for making so much noise, as the deer was sitting tight, and when he heard all that racket, he got up to move, and he got into view and I got him. Thank them for getting the deer to move, tell them he'll be looking forward to next year. gypsyman

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've always hunted private land until a move 6 years ago when I started hunting state land. I got a chuckle out of the guy saying "ooh, there's a hunter, this must be a good spot!!!". It's state land so I accept that the other guys have just as much right to be there as me, but it is frustrating when year after year hunters choose to put up stands the last couple days before deer season close to mine that's been up since the start of bow season. They usually only hunt the first couple days and often just the first day only. Even more frustrating is when they start wandering around opening day shortly after daybreak often coming within 40-50yds of your stand. Last year was the worst so far. Over a dozen idiots "stalked" by before one carrying a climber stand hitting every piece of brush with his aluminum stand. Still there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. I could still hear him stalking through the woods 15 minutes later when a 6pt and two 4pt. The two 4pts stopped about 200yards out, but the 6pt came into a clearing about 50-60 yards away. Easily close enough for my 357AR (Max-rimless). Those were the only 3 deer we saw last season. It greatly motivated me to find a private land spot for this year. So far we've seen more deer during bow season than we have the last 4 years on state land. :)

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Mechanic, you need to preempt all this and cut them off before they ever get to the woods.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Argent11 said:
We caught some hunters spotlighting deer and shooting at night near houses. We called the game warden and he busted them. Sometimes hunters need to show some common sense as well.
poachers aren't hunters, and hunters aren't poachers

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Not all the yahoos in the woods are anti-hunters. A lot are hunters too. I'm too scared to hunt on a lot of the public lands because of the nut cases I've seen in the field. Way more dirt bag hunters are out there than anti-hunting dirt bags.

It's deer season in Minnesota, and I'm waiting for the death toll to be published. In a typical year, you'll have stories like some idiot shooting a horse out from under its rider, drunks falling out of tree stands, guys being shot out of their tree stands, and guys blasting their hunting parter in the face with a load of shot.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Ranger99 said:
Argent11 said:
We caught some hunters spotlighting deer and shooting at night near houses. We called the game warden and he busted them. Sometimes hunters need to show some common sense as well.
poachers aren't hunters, and hunters aren't poachers

Well Ranger they were of Latino persuasion if that tells you anything. Drunk on Tequila, left trash all over their campsite, broken booze bottles and beer cans all over the place. Two of them were arrested and guess where they were from?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.