Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a .357 Mag barrel with iron sights. I would take a complete rifle, if no barrels are available. If a complete rifle is out there, I would prefer a non Monte Carlo stock. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...and who said, beggars can't be choosy.

Thanks,
Hosscat

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Re: WTB .357MAG Barrel with iron sights

I have a barrel, nickle slim profile 357 with factory sights. 350 today

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts

oldsoldja said:
I have a barrel, nickle slim profile 357 with factory sights. 350 today
That's not a bad price for a complete rifle.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

very funny dinny.
pm sent with info

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Dinny,

Economics 101, better known as Microeconomics (from Greek prefix mikro- meaning "small") is a branch of economics that studies the behavior of individuals and firms in making decisions regarding the allocation of limited resources.[/color]

Chapter 1. Economies of scale: Economies of scale is the cost advantage that arises with increased output of a product. Economies[/color] of scale arise because of the inverse relationship between the quantity produced and per-unit fixed costs; i.e. the greater the quantity of a good produced, the lower the per-unit fixed cost[/color] because these costs are shared over a larger number of goods. No more Handis in production![/color]
Chapter 2. Risk Paradigm / Risk of Investment: is the [/color]
subjective[/color] judgement that people make about the characteristics and severity of a [/color]risk[/color].[/color]

Chapter 3. Investment vs return, also known as, Return on Investment: A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency [/color]of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. Return on Investment measures the amount of retur[/color]n on an investment relative to the investment’s cost[/color]. To calculate Return on Investment, the benefit (or return) of an investment is divided by the cost of the investment, and the result is expressed as a percentage or a ratio.The return on investment formula:

In summary:
A Ruger no.1 "California Highway Patrol, limited edition" .357 MAG wearing a period correct Burris 2-8x20 scope --- selling in most venues for $1500.00+ would be considered a phenomenally risky investment, for a small time gun enthusiast, of limited budget. See chapter 2, above.
However, assuming said gun enthusiast, of limited budget, has an elderly hunting buddy (78 years of age, who's son was a great Navy buddy to the gun enthusiast, of limited budget) that just so happens to have a Ruger no.1 "California Highway Patrol, limited edition" .357 MAG wearing a period correct Burris 2-8x20 scope, that he is willing to trade even up, for a light weight .357 MAG Handi Rifle, because he is no longer able to field the 10+ pound heft of the No. 1 and because of love, for the small time gun enthusiast, of limited budget. See chapters 1 and 2, above.
The small time gun enthusiast, of limited budget, already having all components...except a barrel to assemble a lightweight .357 Handi rifle, could spend $350.00 and make a trade for a rifle of considerably higher value with very low risk of loss, on investment. In fact, if we use the formula stated above, we will see that a No. 1 valued at $1500 minus a Handi Barrel valued at $350 divided by the value of the Handi Barrel $350 equals a risk of loss factor of only 3.28%. See chapter 3, above.
I suppose you are 100% CORRECT, "That's not a bad price for a complete rifle."
Hosscat

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

I love it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts

That was entertaining. Maybe that's what the old saying "Money Talks ..." is about.

I do think that combo of nickel plated, light weight profile and iron sights is worth more than the standard .357 barrel.

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts

Trophy said:
Dinny
You have tooooooo much spare time
Not enough to read his reply.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That is not a reply, but a manifesto. I was stuck in line, waiting for an open dock, to buy merchandise...pecked out every character on phone...too labor intensive , to be a mere reply. I felt like an old school tent revival Preacher, with a bullhorn, instead of a microphone! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts

A deal is when two people leaves happy. Regardless of what the rest cares.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.