Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll take a Rifleman or any of the various Vari-X, VX, etc series.

I'll pay a reasonable price but not an exorbitant one. I want it, but I don't have to have it.

If you are a brand new to this site member with no history here I will expect you to ship scope before I pay. We've just had too many cases of late of such new folks scamming members here.

Naturally if you are one of our old time members whom I know and trust I'll zap the check off to you without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Vari-iic 3-9x40 gloss duplex not beat up or abused although does have a couple little nicks in finish. $210 shipped

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a maybe Danny, let me give it a day or two and see if anyone else has one to offer. I prefer Matte but this is going on a rifle for Matt so my preference isn't necessarily his.

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the model on it Danny? I don't know what that C in Vari-X IIc stands for. If it's compact then it isn't gonna work. This is for a long action gun. I've already bought a CTC 3-9 and it is mounted but isn't a good fit. It has a short 3" of eye relief and there is absolutely zero forward/backward movement. The rings are up against bells on both ends.

I know the Leupold VariX older scopes I have on Remington 700 long actions work well. This rifle is a TC Venture and I guess it's no longer than the M700 actions.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I have several mounted on long action rifles to include 700 with no problem.
Overall length is 12.25" , length of space for movement in the rings is 2.25" front, and 2" rear. Standard duplex reticle.

Gloss $210 shipped
Matte $250 shipped

Both are the same except color

I just looked up the difference. vari-xii has friction adjustment and the vari-xiic has click adjustment

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are both the click adjustments? I had just left Google looking up what the C meant. Sure was a lot of disagreement out there on it. What would you require to ship both to me? Any discount on two?

BTW you should joint us over at Graybeard Outdoors (GBO Reloaded) - Index it's the same old software we were using here when we sold the site back in March 2014. Matt owns it and I run it same way I ran this one back then. No advertising over there and a lot of the old timers are there. Your account is still there under same user name and even shows all your trader feedback which the current owners here won't reinstate.

PM me your mailing address and what it would take to get both scopes.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
My information was wrong as these 2 scopes are friction, have no clue as the difference. Depending on what ya read ya get different answers.
I would $440 shipped for the pair. I will stop over to GBO reloaded at some point sounds good.

The adjustments on these are in moa and, not inches I just read that it is the difference

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Unlike some folks I have no issues with the friction adjustments. I've found them to be adequately repeatable even when used in competition where I needed to adjust for different distances I was shooting. I guess click is better but it just ain't a big deal to me.

I'll take both at $440. I'll attempt to send you what was previously a PM but now is called a conversation accessed via the small avatar at upper right of page. I hate it as PMs are so easy on the old software. I'll send you my address to ship to and you can reply and give me yours to mail you a check.

We'll be happy to see you at Reloaded and you'll feel right at home there, it fact it is the old GBO site just reborn with a new URL.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I had to re-register with a different name for reloaded so I lost all past details but I'm there now under DAN-L

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worry not, I got ya covered over there. I have already assigned you a temporary password there. I listed it in my reply to our conversation. Just lot in there using it and your old user name. If you want me to change your e-mail address on the old account to the one on the new account I can. Just let me know here or there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
ALL-That little " c " means that was when leupold increased the windage and elevation adjustments. There fore you had more adjustments than the earlier scopes. So it is a PLUS when buying a 3x9 leupold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts