Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a magpul forearm for my 500 12 gauge and I guess it only fits "long" action tubes. If any one has one let me know and a price shipped. I think it is 7 3/4 inches. The one I have is an inch short to put the forearm nut on.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
check out Hogue. Their overmolded 500 forend is made for the long action slide and they sell a forend nut that will adapt the long forend to the shorter action slide. The forend nut will surely be cheaper than a action slide.....Mike

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the forearm, that's why I am leaning toward a longer action tube. I ordered a pro mag action tube and received it today. It had lots of bad press on Amazon but ordered it anyway. Man what a piece of junk. It was broken in the package. The box was not damaged at all. But as always Amazon paid return shipping so I'm not out anything. I bought the magpul forearm as a set from a dealer on ebay and he doesn't accept returns. But the price I paid makes up for the inconvenience. If they had counter bored the muzzle end of the forearm tube you could use they longer nut to fit both length forearms. Oh well still looking.

·
Registered
731 Posts
CrashmanS said:
I already have the forearm, that's why I am leaning toward a longer action tube. I ordered a pro mag action tube and received it today. It had lots of bad press on Amazon but ordered it anyway. Man what a piece of junk. It was broken in the package. The box was not damaged at all. But as always Amazon paid return shipping so I'm not out anything. I bought the magpul forearm as a set from a dealer on ebay and he doesn't accept returns. But the price I paid makes up for the inconvenience. If they had counter bored the muzzle end of the forearm tube you could use they longer nut to fit both length forearms. Oh well still looking.

are you talking about the magazine tube?

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slngblde said:
CrashmanS said:

are you talking about the magazine tube?
I mean the tube that goes over the magazine tube the foreend attaches to. Slides when you work the action. I bought a factory long action tube so this is not needed anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.